Linda Thomas and Beth Cowett Are At It Again!

This forum is for discussing general education issues.

Linda Thomas and Beth Cowett Are At It Again!

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:03 pm

These two busybodies are (not surprisingly) behind the end-run around the town to get rid of the Redmen mascot. They sent a "by-request" bill with our awful State Senator Barbara L'Italien to "prohibit the use of Native American mascots by public schools in the Commonwealth". L'Italien filed it on their behalf and now many, many schools around Massachusetts have their history on the p.c. chopping block.

Go get a hobby you cows! Leave OUR town to its proud citizens!
Save Tewksbury Now

Re: Linda Thomas and Beth Cowett Are At It Again!

Postby swamper on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:48 pm

L'Italien is committing political suicide hooking up with these two losers who seem to have nothing better to do, when this issue had ALREADY been DECIDED BY OUR TOWN. Supposedly 'she isn't taking sides', merely filing the bill on behalf of 'two of her constituents'.....HELLO? What about the REST of her constituents who were majority-wise overwhelmingly opposed and made their voices heard and a decision made LAST YEAR! I can only imagine the brouhaha other towns are going to have to go through and be thinking 'it's Tewksbury's' fault' if it were to pass statewide. Hopefully it will die a quick death as it should, but anybody whose name is even remotely connected with this won't get my vote and I believe their days are numbered in office.
swamper

Postby Clorox on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:00 pm

grown people are worried about a high school mascot? move on
Clorox

Postby bferrari on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:06 pm

bferrari
Site Admin

Return to General Education Issues