General Questions

This forum is for discussions about Shasheen Technical Vocational School.

General Questions

Postby jules2 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Just wondering if anyone has any input on the positives and negatives of the Tech? My daughter applied and loved the school, but doesn't really have a clear idea of what profession she would like in the future. Wondering if this would be a deterent for her if accepted? Any feedback is welcome!
jules2

Re: General Questions

Postby bkhote on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:33 pm

I had a similar questions:
Would it limit some career options if one goes to Shawsheen?
--B
bkhote

Postby cozmo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:09 pm

I had two kids go there,one of them my son went on to college and has a good job as a Computer Programmer. My daughter also went to the Tech and is an office manager in a company. I found the Tech to be a fine school and I really could find no negatives about the school.
cozmo

Postby bigdaddy on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am

The Tech is such a great choice. They have to follow the same MCAS standards that every other school does. Both my wife and I went to the Tech. I chose to stay in my field (printing\graphic arts) and have been continuously employed for 32 years. My wife chose to go on to college and become a teacher, then administrator. It works great for both paths. I think all schools should offer vocational training. It just prepares you to be a well rounded adult. I would recommend the tech to anyone no matter what path they are interested in.
bigdaddy

Postby Baxter on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:42 am

I agree with Cozmo and BigD. Our daughter is graduating this year and plans to attend college in a field unrelated to what she studied at the Tech. She is a licensed cosmetologist and will use that skill to earn money while going to school. Also, she did very well with MCAS ( advanced math, proficient English, proficient biology missing advanced by two points). She never did near this well previously.

Jules, your daughter will have to pick a field after completing exploratory so hopefully she has one in mind by then. Her experience might not be as good if she is in a vocation of little or no interest to her.

Good luck.
Baxter

Postby Tech mom on Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 pm

As my name implies i am a Tech MOM! My son went for one thing at the Tech, and is now in college, Criminal Justice. I think it is a good choice for either way...wish i went to the tech!
Tech mom

Return to Shawsheen Tech