Flashing Red Light

Forum for discussing the Michael and Orchid Street, 32 single family homes on wetlands.

Flashing Red Light

Postby amc800 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 am

Anyone know what's up with the flashing red light on Orchard Street that's been going off for the last few days? Flashing red lights generally aren't good signs...
amc800

Flashing Red Light

Postby carey on Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:58 pm

It is a high level sewer alarm!!
carey

Flashing Red Light

Postby Josh Lyman on Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:52 pm

Sounds like this alarm needs to be moved to town hall.
Josh Lyman

Flashing Red Light

Postby jeewiz on Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:29 am

Carey........Don't answer questions that you know nothing about.
jeewiz

Re: Flashing Red Light-DID IT BURN OUT?

Postby joan_f_arc on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Lights been going off for 2 days now - few neighbors have called BOH to no avail. While TPD was on a call on Orchard tonight, they were questioned about the red light. They didn't know who would be responsible and miraculously...the light stopped flashing. Question now would be how do we know it's not burned out - or did the thing unclog it self? Walk over through Cart Green (Patrick Rd) and you can see that 100 yr old stream has been reborn! Gonna be a looooonnngggg stinky summer!
Let Freedom Ring...for we all need the wide open spaces our forefathers fought for
joan_f_arc

Re: Flashing Red Light

Postby sundance on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:05 am

The BOH was called "to no avail?" Does that mean that they didn't respond?

Does anyone know what the flashing red light means?

Who owns that now - the town or Scuzzrano?
sundance

Postby amc800 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:29 am

Was the developer called directly or was the contact just made to the BOH? I know in the past the developer has been pretty good in coming out pretty quickly after I had called. But that may have changed with the back and forth that's been going on between him and the town lately.

I hadn't noticed the light the last few days. But I probably just wasn't paying close enough attention to it. Normally, my focus is on more on avoiding hitting all of the children playing in the steet.
amc800

Postby joan_f_arc on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Red light flashing is the sewer level is too high warning - aka the pit is full of poop; This explains the odor. AMC - glad to hear your paying attention to all those 'children' and 'children signs'. As for the light, like I said by the time the police showed up it had stopped. No word back from BOH. Not sure where the meetings left off as to who owns the pump station.

Last word was town was going to re-sewer the area to connect to the culvert on Chandler street via the library road area by going through Michael street somewhere.

As far as who owns the pump....Scarano says he sold the pump when he sold the houses to Tewksbury, which isn't the Town, but Tewksbury Housing Authority who is a seperate entity. Tewks Housing says they never would have taken the houses with the pump structure because they wouldn't have taken on the liability or ownership.

I tried accessing minutes from BOH meetings, but only one that opens on their site is on Krotchmal Farms - (Feb 25) so I'm not even sure where that ended. Any info as usual is appreciated :-)
Let Freedom Ring...for we all need the wide open spaces our forefathers fought for
joan_f_arc

Return to Michael and Orchid Streets - 32 single-family homes on wetlands