Aubut's Liqour Plaza

Discuss any new commercial developments coming into town.

Aubut's Liqour Plaza

Postby fuzzle on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 pm

I see some site work being done right next to Aubut's Liquor. Any idea what's going on?
fuzzle

Re: Aubut's Liqour Plaza

Postby Tech mom on Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:52 pm

i think it is a 'drive thru" type of Business...from the looks of the sign...wonder how many people will be OUTRAGED at another new business!! ugg.
Tech mom

Postby Clorox on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:15 am

they should because you never know what kind of people might drive thru that place especially next to a liquor store it could attract the wrong type of people on main street andanother business willhurt the rest of the businesses in town. the perverted logic the no people are using is rock solid don't you think? i agree with tech mom
Clorox

Postby Tech mom on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:00 pm

HaHa...good one...What if they sell scratch tickets...the town will go downhill!
Tech mom

Postby badronald on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:45 pm

lol
badronald

Postby bkhote on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Why does it takes so long for things to get going in this town?
Its snails pace..compared to the speed of developments I see in other towns.
bkhote

Postby cozmo on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 am

Might turn out to be just one more sub shop or more vacant space on 38. I read a few days ago about an economic development committee in Town. I wonder why they haven't done anything about the mostly vacant plaza on 38 which has been like that for years.
cozmo

Postby Baxter on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:31 am

The best thing government can do to encourage economic development is to get out of the way.
Baxter

Postby bkhote on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Baxter wrote:The best thing government can do to encourage economic development is to get out of the way.

@Baxter
I agree.

@cozmo:
In that article, some thought that we are business friendly community to people as viewed by outsiders and its people of the
town who think that we are not.. I did not quite understand that.
If we are business friendly community then the businesses would come here any ways and we wont be having a prime
main street properties staying vacant for so long.

When I see development happening as fast as they do in the other towns, I wonder why we are missing out on all that
prosperity. Please see my comments at viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10499

I found it strange that the Oak Dale renovation that happened 10 years or so ago was called recent development??
We have to do a lot of work to bring new tax revenues to the town and this slow pace wont get us there IMO.
bkhote

Postby Friendofthetown on Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Cozmo- check out the recent Economic Development presentation on the Town website. That property is owned by Stop & Shop and they are not in any hurry to sell. They do pay taxes. The town is not blocking any progress. You could always attend the committee meetings and see what's what. It was pretty interesting to learn the disposition of many of the properties people complain about. You would see quickly that the town is as frustrated as you are.

http://www.tewksbury.info/Pages/TewksburyMA_News/01BFD8B6-000F8513
Friendofthetown

Return to All new commercial developments