Caswell Motel will be gone soon! See on Patch

Discuss any new commercial developments coming into town.

Caswell Motel will be gone soon! See on Patch

Postby cozmo on Tue May 27, 2014 2:26 pm

Matt Schooley posted in Breaking News

Group Reaches Agreement to Purchase, Demolish Motel Caswell to Build $12 Million Entertainment Facility

A rendering of what Wamesit Lanes is expected to look like. (Courtesy Photo)

The Wamesit Lanes facility will include a bowling alley, restaurant, bar, arcade and golf simulator.
cozmo

Re: Caswell Motel will be gone soon! See on Patch

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Tue May 27, 2014 2:47 pm

Great news but no candlepin lanes? That is absurd. This is Massachusetts! Not Ohio.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby swamper on Tue May 27, 2014 4:21 pm

This is GREAT news. Finally, nice to have someone 'local' be able to do this so we don't have to worry about some out of state entity trying to push their way in. Now the owner won't get the shaft by forfeiture and hopefully it will be a win-win situation for all.
swamper

Postby bferrari on Wed May 28, 2014 10:11 am

Bowling has been making a big comback these days. King's Lanes has been opening in all the hot spots like the new Lynnfield Shopping area and of course the new on in Burlington Mall. They are a nightclub/bowling mix and super popular.

Hopefully this new facility in town will be a homespun version of King's ! :D

http://kingsbowlamerica.com/lynnfield/
bferrari
Site Admin

Postby whatsup01876 on Thu May 29, 2014 10:05 am

swamper wrote:This is GREAT news. Finally, nice to have someone 'local' be able to do this so we don't have to worry about some out of state entity trying to push their way in. Now the owner won't get the shaft by forfeiture and hopefully it will be a win-win situation for all.

First of all, congratulations and a big thank to all the parties involved in this venture to transform that eye-sore.
Though I am a strong supporter of a local economy, for me as a resident, the top priority would be to see all those vacant
lots filled up (by in-town/out-of-town businesses) and start generating revenues for the town and also provide
utility to the residents and may be attract clients from the neighboring towns.
Could we really afford waiting for a 'local' entity to come up with a business plan for all these vacant plots.
I personally wont care if that entity is from in or out of town.
whatsup01876

Postby swamper on Thu May 29, 2014 11:27 am

Just to clarify, by that I was specifically meaning large conglomerates such as Penn National and Mills throwing money around trying to buy their way in with false promises of being the 'golden goose' while not really giving a rat's a** about Tewksbury or its residents. I have no problem otherwise. :wink:
swamper

Postby ShaunG on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:21 pm

Today should be the last day they are opened. I believe that Aug 1 is the changing of hands.

Shaun
ShaunG

Return to All new commercial developments