Panilaitis @ STM?!

Discuss general selectmen issues whether they are complaints that the Selectmen should be acting on, kudos, or communications you'd like the town selectmen to hear from you.

Panilaitis @ STM?!

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:14 am

I heard that Selectman Panilaitis showed his true colors when the people rose-up against his attempts to modify the COA. From what I heard you could see his re-election prospects whither right there at the podium as many seniors shouted out that he was being insulting and taking cheap shots at them. Can anyone who was there confirm this?
Save Tewksbury Now

Re: Panilaitis @ STM?!

Postby swamper on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:54 am

This article pretty much sums it up and the condescending contention in his voice and body language were clearly evident. Let's just say between this and being very vocal on the wrong side of the 'Redmen name issue', I think his days are numbered. :twisted:

http://www.yourtewksburytoday.com/2016/ ... floor-vote
swamper

Postby Clorox on Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:13 pm

watching on tv i would say that that seniors didn't understand the point
maybe the senior stranglehold is numbered and they are scared?
the commetns from the floor were no different then the remarks from the selectmen
makes you wonder what they are holding on so tightly for?/?
Clorox

Postby swamper on Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:15 pm

Oh, I'm sure they were probably scared to lose what little control they have but I don't think it is for nefarious reasons. While there was some rudeness from both sides, as an ELECTED Town Official the BOS chair should be held to a higher standard, rise above it, and not act like a childish bully insulting his constituents because he didn't get his way.
swamper

Return to General Selectmen Issues