East &Shawsheen intersection

Discuss the proposed expansion and sidewalks for East Street.

East &Shawsheen intersection

Postby Radioman on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Anyone in the area have any knowledge or info on the road work taking place here?
Radioman

Re: East &Shawsheen intersection

Postby swamper on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:05 am

The long time talked about improvements to the 'gateway' intersection area are finally coming to pass. I 'believe' it includes widening and some leveling of that hill area before the corner to improve sight lines.
swamper

Postby bigdaddy on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:55 am

Oh, I figured it was going to be a Dunkin Donuts.
bigdaddy

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:37 pm

Just noticed today that low and behold TRAFFIC LIGHTS are being added to that intersection. Is this a joke?!?! What kind of "think of the children" hysterical soccer mom crap is this?! We don't need lights there! I cannot image how things with be backed-up during afternoon rush hour. This stupid town is just getting worse and worse.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby splice on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:00 am

Save Tewksbury Now wrote:Just noticed today that low and behold TRAFFIC LIGHTS are being added to that intersection. Is this a joke?!?! What kind of "think of the children" hysterical soccer mom crap is this?! We don't need lights there! I cannot image how things with be backed-up during afternoon rush hour. This stupid town is just getting worse and worse.

Hopefully they will just set them to blink. I agree that they aren't needed at most times of the day.
splice

Postby GuitarTeacher on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I disagree. As a resident for over 40 years, I'm glad to see them go in there. If they're managed correctly, it'll be a good thing.

More important is to get some lights at the intersection of Salem and South. That's a nightmare.
==========================================
"A painter paints pictures on canvas.
But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
-Leopold Stokowski
GuitarTeacher

Postby cozmo on Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:06 am

Salem and South is far worse and the Town continues to do nothing about it!
cozmo

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:39 am

GuitarTeacher wrote:I disagree. As a resident for over 40 years, I'm glad to see them go in there. If they're managed correctly, it'll be a good thing.

More important is to get some lights at the intersection of Salem and South. That's a nightmare.

A good thing?! Unbelievable. How is stopping the flow of traffic unnecessarily EVER a good thing? Also, South and Salem is fine without a light if you know how to drive. Do you need lights to show you how to drive? I don't. Most people who pay attention don't.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby cozmo on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:40 am

I'm not against the lights at East and Shawsheen, but it would be nice to see the accident record between both those places.
cozmo

Postby GuitarTeacher on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Save Tewksbury Now wrote:
GuitarTeacher wrote:I disagree. As a resident for over 40 years, I'm glad to see them go in there. If they're managed correctly, it'll be a good thing.

A good thing?! Unbelievable. How is stopping the flow of traffic unnecessarily EVER a good thing? Also, South and Salem is fine without a light if you know how to drive. Do you need lights to show you how to drive? I don't. Most people who pay attention don't.

Yikes. Calm down. Sheesh. I have my opinion and you have yours. Not something to get so worked up about.
==========================================
"A painter paints pictures on canvas.
But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
-Leopold Stokowski
GuitarTeacher

Postby Mrs C on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:33 pm

A light there is actually a good thing IMO. If they set it to cycle right, it will be amazing. The other possibility is that they will make it a "trip" style light, which will only change when there are cars waiting to turn. That way during high traffic times, it will cycle regularly. During busy times East St will stay green and Shawsheen will change as needed. I really like the fact that they created a "left only" lane for people going onto Shawsheen.
Mrs C

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 am

Mrs C wrote:A light there is actually a good thing IMO. If they set it to cycle right, it will be amazing. The other possibility is that they will make it a "trip" style light, which will only change when there are cars waiting to turn. That way during high traffic times, it will cycle regularly. During busy times East St will stay green and Shawsheen will change as needed. I really like the fact that they created a "left only" lane for people going onto Shawsheen.

In what world would it be amazing?! And how would it be?! You take free-flowing traffic and stop it and you have improved the situation?! The left hand lane was already there, just without the paint. You people need your hands held constantly, don't you?
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby bferrari on Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:48 pm

The widening and improvements of this intersection can already seen driving through during rush hours...

Time will tell if the lights will be a good thing or not....
bferrari
Site Admin

Return to East Street Roadway Expansion