The New East/Maple Fork

Discuss the proposed expansion and sidewalks for East Street.

The New East/Maple Fork

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Sat May 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Is this new layout f*#cking serious?! You will no longer be able to drive straight onto Maple St. from East St. You will have to stop and make a COMPLETE right hand turn on Maple. This is beyond the pale, even for this moronic town. Who could have even complained about people barreling down East and onto Maple? The goddamn squirrels?! There aren't even houses for a quarter of a mile! Unbelievable -- but all to believable. This may be the biggest purposeful roadway bungle yet.
Save Tewksbury Now

Re: The New East/Maple Fork

Postby Harry on Sun May 14, 2017 10:49 am

I originally believed that they were planning on leaving the original entrance in place and adding the new exit. The problem is the new entrance and exit is too narrow. You can't turn onto Maple without crossing over into the other lane. Larger vehicles, or cars with say a boat trailer, will never make the turn onto Maple if there are cars waiting on Maple trying to get onto East. They will need to stop which will create a rear end collision on East from traffic on East not expecting anyone entering Maple to come to a complete stop while still partially still on East.

They had better widen it or the above is going to become a problem.
Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Postby swamper on Sun May 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Haven't been down there since it started but I had no idea the plan was to change that whole configuration....thought it was just paving work etc. Sounds like it's going to be a nightmare....should have left well enough alone. :roll:
swamper

Postby splice on Mon May 15, 2017 2:16 pm

Is there an approximate date of the completion of this roadwork?
splice

Postby Lil Big Mouth on Wed May 17, 2017 6:46 am

Yes as soon as they get the Time Life series on roadwork construction to double check their work Stupidity!
Lil Big Mouth

Postby PUZZLEMOM on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:55 pm

Looks like someone has already hit the guardrail ... Someone is going to get seriously injured. Who was the person that thought that this new turn would be a good idea??
PUZZLEMOM

Postby Lil Big Mouth on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 am

i
I think we owe some of this applause to the towns head engineer Kevin Hardiman, P.E. his last name should be hardheaded call the dpw and ask for him to discuss it
Lil Big Mouth

Return to East Street Roadway Expansion