Guided hike for this Saturday (Nov 18, 2017) morning at 9am

Discussions, news, etc on the Wetland, Conservation, Open Space, and toxic waste sites in Wilmington and Tewksbury. Especially Rocco's in Wilmington and Tewksbury Metals on East Street.

Guided hike for this Saturday (Nov 18, 2017) morning at 9am

Postby bferrari on Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Open Space Group,

Stefania and I are planning a guided hike for this Saturday morning at 9am (Nov 18, 2017) with more details to be sent out later in the week. We would love to have you join us so please mark your calendar if you are available!

Also, if anybody has a safety vest that they borrowed from ½ Way to Earth Day I will be collecting them in my office this week.

Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Kyle Boyd
Community Development
978-640-4370
bferrari
Site Admin

Re: Guided hike for this Saturday (Nov 18, 2017) morning at

Postby swamper on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:58 pm

This hike will be at the Chandler Well Fields (at the junction of Chandler St. and Whipple) Meet in the parking area to the left. Time has changed to 9:30 a.m. on Sat.11/18. Come see the newly built boardwalks thanks to the Earth Day events! Plan for an hour and dress for the weather. Thanks....hope for a good turn out. 8)
swamper

Postby Lil Big Mouth on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:38 am

Are these town workers guiding these hikes out of the goodness of their hearts? Or perhaps they get time and a half comp time? I wonder......
Lil Big Mouth

Postby swamper on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:23 pm

I can 100% vouch for Kyle Boyd our Town Planner. All the great stuff he's spearheaded with the restoration of these open space trails has been entirely 'on his own time' weekends and otherwise. He has even brought up his own friends to participate on occasion....totally volunteer effort. He is a pleasure to work with, young, enthusiastic and not tainted by town politics. Kyle is setting into REAL ACTION, thanks to his leadership, plans that have been talked about in this town but have gone nowhere for 20 years. He is a BREATH OF FRESH AIR and a true asset to Tewksbury. We are damn lucky to have him so set your mind at ease on this one! 8)
swamper

Postby Lil Big Mouth on Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:58 pm

I like him as well but it IS NOT VOLUNTEER Trust me on this one comp time If they do 4 hours on a weekend, they get 6 hours of comp vacation time
Lil Big Mouth

Postby swamper on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:52 pm

If you know this as fact, which I can't say for certain (perhaps you work for the Town) but what I can say is he works harder, and multitasks more than many others I've seen around here that make WAY more than him! If going the extra mile (no pun intended :wink: ) earns him a bit of comp time now and then, so be it, IMO. :)
swamper

Postby Clorox on Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:57 am

If it IS comp time who cares? Activities like this make the town richer and someone has to organize and make it happen. Pretty sure it is volunteer if you know Kyle. He has a commitment to the town that is above and beyond. Judging from the numbers of folks who turn out for these things there is an appetite for it.
Clorox

Return to Water, Conservation, Wetlands, Open Space, and Toxic Waste