Joe Gill

Discussions about the the ridiculous tax evaluations alot of homes received during this recession. (Great timing). Also, any discussions about taxes at all.

Joe Gill

Postby Michael on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:12 am

I called Joe Gill today to get his response to the recent article in the "Advocate" about
property tax bills going down for businesses,
but going up for homeowners. He said "I haven't read it, I don't get that paper." I told him he could read it online. In the article he states: "It’s been a poor climate for business with all the construction on the [Route] 38 corridor," he said, noting that retail businesses suffered losses because of the construction’s impact on traffic.
I asked him if he would change his philosophy when Route 38 is finished.
He said "absolutely not".
Michael

Joe Gill

Postby duffyhouse on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:16 pm

Also, Mr. Gill, who was/is pro mall, wasn't worried that a mall will impact our local businesses-hmmm...yeah right...seems like he is talking out of both sides of his mouth to me.
duffyhouse

Joe Gill

Postby swamper on Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:01 am

Typical lame response from GILL-igan! The fact that this dumb-a** is in a supposed leadership role in this town amazes me. Mr. "that's the way we've always done it" (a past quote from his own mouth) HAS TO GO! That was true THREE YEARS PLUS ago when he was very close to being ousted by Bob Kelley and is that much more "your five minutes are up" evident now! IMO, this guy has absolutely no clue nor cares to be informed by town citizens he doesn't give a rat's a** about!
swamper

Return to Taxes