Money stolen from Trahan PAC!

This forum is for discussion of the Trahan School and related issues.

Postby Pats Fan on Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:21 pm

Are the police following up on this? Are they talking to people who were there? Fingerprints? Cameras?
Pats Fan

Postby swamper on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:03 pm

So sorry to hear that, Kim...I know how much VOLUNTEER effort goes into such events. The perpetrators should be ashamed of themselves... I mean how low can you go? I hope the PD are vigilant in the follow up and someone comes forward or saw something helpful to the investigation. Good luck.
swamper

Postby kakd on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:53 am

Last night the Trahan PAC put on our annual Holiday Fair (postponed in December due to snow day). At the end of the night we discovered that all of the money made from the raffles (approximately $2,000)had been stolen from Mr. Paul's office.

The police department was contacted. Our best chance of finding the culprit is talking to people who attended. If you were there last night and saw anyone in the office at the time the raffles were being drawn or have any information, please contact the Tewksbury Police Department or the Trahan School. The police said they would protect the privacy of anyone who comes forward.

I hope that whoever did this is found. I still can't fully believe that someone would steal from the PAC. The people in attendance were the parents and relatives of children who would have directly benefited from the money made. The person who did this stole from:

1. The K - 4 students (401) who attend the Trahan school!

2. The parents that put in many hours of work planning and pulling off the event.

3. The families that made donations of raffle items.

4. The people in attendance that purchased many raffle tickets because it was supposed to go to a "good cause".

5. The local businesses that made generous donations.
kakd

Postby drfu100 on Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:30 am

I echo swamper's sentiments, Kim. What a terrible thing for someone to do. I hope that this gets resolved favorably for the PAC. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
drfu100

Postby crystal on Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:11 pm

As a parent that attended and donated, I am truly saddened that someone could steal from the children. I would be more than willing to donate money to supplement the money that is stolen. Would the PAC consider sending some info home to see if other parents would consider donating? I'm sure many people would be more than happy.
crystal

Postby Jaynespeak on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:45 pm

Kim! That's horrible!

Why was $2000.00 left unattended at all? Well, I assume it was left unattended. What PAC sponsored programs are now at stake without those funds?
Jaynespeak

Postby cjsmom on Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:39 pm

That sucks. What kind of person steals from kids? Let us know how the investigation is going.
cjsmom

Postby tigerchief on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:04 pm

$2k left hanging around????......sounds fishy
tigerchief

Postby KAV on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:25 pm

Come on guys.. no one said it was "hanging around" Someone from the PAC probably put it in whoever this Mr. Paul's office is and someone swiped it.. It's a shame it happened and hopefully the snake will be caught.

KimD, can you pop the Trahan PAC's address up here so those who can spare a few bucks who read this story can send in a donation if they choose to?
KAV

Postby kakd on Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:22 pm

Thanks to all of you for the sympathy.

To answer some of the questions,

Yes, the police are following up. An officer responded and detectives followed on the night of the incident. They will be keeping in touch with Mr. Paul (principal) at the school.

After we finished selling raffle tickets the cash boxes were put inside the principal's office. The doors were closed but not locked. They were left there for about 40 minutes when we were drawing raffles. When we returned to get the money the cash boxes were empty.

A letter from the principal will be going home tomorrow to all parents. We are requesting information, specifically we need to know who was seen in the office area during the drawings.

I don't know of any specific things that could possibly be cut due to this theft. I think we will find some way to add in some extra event(s) to raise money to replace what was stolen.

I have spoken to some parents that have said they would like to donate some money to the PAC. That is appreciated, but I do not think we will send home a note asking for people to do it. Like I said, we will probably just find another fundraiser to run.

KAV, the address for the PAC is:
Trahan PAC
Louise Davy Trahan Elementary
12 Salem Road
Tewksbury, MA 01876
kakd

Postby st. elmo's fire on Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:13 pm

Cameras? School cameras? Parent photos?
st. elmo's fire

Postby cjsmom on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:03 pm

I heard Maverick's donated $2,000 to make up the loss. Kudos to them -- we normally go to Picadilly's for drinks or a quick bite, but we'll be heading to Maverick's now. I heard they make a tasty sandwich.
cjsmom

Postby PattiDe on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:14 pm

I agree--a great big thank you to the owner of Mavericks. This was such a devastating occurrence and a big slap in the face to all the people who put in countless hours to running this event. I'm still sickened by the thought that someone could do such a thing, but the generosity of the Maverick's people renews my faith in people. Let's hope we've all learned a sad but valuable lesson. (and I think we should be heading to Mavericks instead of the Piccadilly pub after the next PAC meeting, ladies!) [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
PattiDe

Postby happy on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:59 pm

What a wonderful gesture from Maverick's restaurant!!!!
happy

Postby tigerchief on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:14 pm

If true......hats off to Mavericks!!!!
tigerchief

Next

Return to Trahan School