Mr. Paul Shaves his head for Lia!

This forum is for discussion of the Trahan School and related issues.

Postby KAV on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:18 pm

How special and generous of Mr. Paul to partake in this fundraiser!! I'm sure Lia will appreciate the photos even if she can't be there!

-------------------------------------

Losing his locks for a good cause
Email| Text size – + June 17, 2008 01:30 PM
By Kate Augusto, Globe Correspondent

Since kindergarten, Tewksbury second-grader Leah Difronzo has spent much of her time at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Children’s Hospital battling leukemia. Today, her school principal is going to get a buzzcut to celebrate the end of a fundraiser in her honor.

George Paul, principal at the Louise Davy Trahan Elementary School, said he’s glad to do it for Difronzo.

“She’s a tough kid. She’s bounced back many times,â€￾ he said.

For about two weeks at the beginning of this month, the Parents Advisory Club challenged students at the school to raise $3,000 for the arts and crafts floor of Children’s Hospital, where Difronzo has spent most of her time since October. As an incentive, Paul agreed to have his hair shorn off today in two phases -- first at a lunch for kindergartners through second-graders, then for third- and fourth-graders.

“I don’t think Mr. Paul thought they would raise the $3,000, but they surpassed,â€￾ said Maryellen Sullivan, a school secretary.

Though Difronzo probably won’t be able to come today because of her illness, her brother, a fourth-grader at the school, will watch, and the school will send photos to her of the buzzcut events.
KAV

Postby crystal on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:11 pm

Mr. Paul is truly a special man. I also was very touched as to how quickly the school pulled together to raise the funds...great job!
crystal

Postby bkmance on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:58 pm

My son got the biggest boot out of Mr. Paul shaving his head! It was a great day for all the kids, for Lia and her family, and of course for Mr. Paul. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
bkmance

Postby KAV on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:58 pm

I hope this link works - if not, the video is on boston.com
http://multimedia.boston.com/pub/tn/11/local_news.htm?bctid=1614765727
KAV

Postby tjlmom2005 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 am

We were only Trahan for 2 years (moved to HB district) - but we loved Mr. Paul then, and still love him today - what a fabulous guy! He will definitley be missed in the school system
tjlmom2005

Postby fastfred on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:44 pm

See todays Boston Globe City & Region Section, (pg. B-3) for a hardcopy of the picture and short caption.
fastfred

Postby 4TheKids on Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:26 pm

Awesome job raising the funds kids & Trahan parents!! There truly is still good in this town.

My husband had Lia on his soccer team for awhile, what a wonderful little girl. Take care Lia and know your in our daily thoughts and prayers.

Mr. Paul your an amazing man...you should be so proud of the kids and yourself. Enjoy your summer!!
4TheKids

Postby Mom74 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:30 am

Mr. Paul would go out of his way for his students, parents, and teachers. He will be greatly missed by the entire Trahan community.
Mom74

Return to Trahan School