Gym teacher

This forum is for discussion of the Trahan School and related issues.

Gym teacher

Postby clifford on Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 am

I saw an ad in the paper for a gym teacher for the Trahan/Heath Brook. I say use that money and get a classroom teacher. The forty minutes or so they get of gym a week is not going to make a difference in the long run. I don't know if gym is a state mandate but during gym class in the spring the kids were out picking up trash in the back of the school. I don't think that's a necessary thing for little kids to be doing with their bare hands.
clifford

Gym teacher

Postby Curiosity123 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:43 am

Clifford while I appreciate your suggestion and agree that children should NOT be picking up ANY trash at all. Since we pay 2 maintenance people already. I do believe that our children need sometime to run around and enjoy physical activity. My child loves the small amount of time spent outside of the classroom. Like the teachers the Gym teacher position should be funded. I am glad that the position is for BOTH schools. As for the funding for teachers... It is my understanding that thanks to a handful hardworking/deemanding parents the Trahan is all set for teachers. Way to go Moms!!!!
Curiosity123

Gym teacher

Postby momof2girls on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:47 am

Curiosity - The 3rd grade may be all set at the Trahan I'm not so sure about other grades. Still hoping to hear the word on another grade there. At this time, I would prefer that gym teacher be a volunteer parent position versus and add another teacher for that school
momof2girls

Gym teacher

Postby Curiosity123 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:56 am

wonderful suggestion!
Curiosity123

Return to Trahan School