New Fundraisers!

This forum is for discussion of the Trahan School and related issues.

New Fundraisers!

Postby PDbros on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:20 pm

Hello "New" Trahan Pac,
This year is off to an excellent start! Thank you so much for the great new fundraisers this year! I am especially excited about the Scrips Card program and Square One Art! I hope all Trahan parents will be inspired to support our School by doing their Holiday Shopping through Scrips and Square One Art.

A big thank you to the past PAC, we owe a world of thanks to you and your hardwork. The playground looks fantastic as does the Teacher's lounge.

As many of you know, the fun activities our children do each year are funded by the parent's support of our school's fundrasing initiatives and I for one, am grateful for all that PAC continues to do. Count on me to participate in all fundraising efforts, it's the least I can do.

Quick Question... is the Deadline for Scrips orders Sept 16th?

Thank you,

Phaedra D'Ambrosio
PDbros

Re: New Fundraisers!

Postby jcapelo on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm sorry not trying to be rude but I think the fundraiser this year stinks!!! I do not like the selections and I don't even want to bug people to purchase w/they are selling the prices are so overpriced.
jcapelo

Postby KAV on Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:40 pm

I don't have kids in this school, but one quick note. If you don't like what the fundraiser entails, or don't agree with this particular fundraiser, I'm sure the PAC would accept just a straight donation. I know sometimes I prefer to just give a check directly instead of buying things I don't necessarily need. That way more money goes right to the organization.

Recently I bought cookie dough from someone doing a fundraiser and wound up throwing it out - in hindsight - I should have just given them the cash and told them to keep the dough :)
KAV

Postby jcapelo on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:40 pm

I agree - I have no problem w/making a donation. I def. think the school needs fundraises and money coming in but I just rather give a donation and not bother people w/them buying the stuff they are selling.
jcapelo

Postby kakd on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:12 pm

Hi Capelo,
Sorry to hear that you do not like the new fundraisers. There was a lot of effort put into bringing in something new. We are open to any new ideas you may have, fundraising and otherwise. And, as KAV mentioned, we would also gladly accept a donation.

I am very excited about the scrips portion. I don't know too many people that don't purchase gift cards. The gift cards are offered at no increased cost to the buyer and will provide the school with much needed funds. I hope that anyone that did not find something from the other two vendors, will consider buying the cards they would normally purchase, from the school. I hope that the hard work of our fundraising chairs will pay off in a big way for our children. This is the main fundraiser for the year and is the source of funding for the enrichment programs (authors, musical/theatrical performances, etc.), field trip subsidizing, and various purchases made by the PAC for the school (playground equipment, technology, window shades, bookcases, etc.).

Our first meeting is tonight. We understand that many people would rather attend the neighborhood meeting tonight. We understand it is an important issue. We would gladly welcome any newcomers to one of our future meetings. They will be scheduled and announced shortly.

Sincerely,
Kim DeRosa
kakd

Postby sassycat on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:19 pm

Wow.. I am surprsed at the comments made... People complained about wrapping paper year after year.. so a change has been made and there are still complaints..
There is no way to make everyone happy...
I was able to see the Fundraisers that are being offered by the Trahan and believe they are a good change..
also, as far as the prices go, fundraisers are typically bumped up for fundraising purposes. That's the whole point.
With the economy the way it is..and peoples spending a little tight, I thought that there was a great variation in products that could be purchased. "something for everyone"
sassycat

Postby PDbros on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Great meeting tonight at the PAC! Alot of wonderful new faces, and idea's. Big thank you to last year's PAC you all did a wonderful job. But I gotta tell ya, I for one and delighted we are not selling wrapping paper again. (LOL)

Keep the idea's coming.

To the gal's running social activities... I LOVE MOVIE NIGHT at the TRAHAN. Count us in!

Phaedra D'Ambrosio
PDbros

Postby momof2girls on Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm

kcapelo

I am sorry to hear you do not like the gift card fundraiser. I think this is much better and useful than giftwrap and candles. You can purchase gift cards for everyday items and holiday gifts and there is no additional cost to you. I am unsure what it is you could dislike about this fundraiser. I am also sorry to hear that you will not order your childs art come October. As for the other 2 options in fundraisers they are marked up to give back to the school. Tupperware is 40%! Tastefully Simple will give back to the school as well.
momof2girls

Postby crystal on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:10 am

I was pleasantly surprised when the fundraiser came home. It was definitely time for a change! Great job to those that put it together. As a reminder, you're not always going to make everyone 100% happy, but I'm sure glad that you guys made a change.
crystal

Postby KAV on Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Some of my friends (from other towns) have sent weblinks to their childs schools fundraiser.

If by chance, any of our schools host a fundraiser that also has a link to online ordering, perhaps someone could post the link on this site?

Thanks
KAV

Postby sammayeam on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:59 pm

I think the fundraisers look great!! Keep up the great work!
I am keeping my eye on you guys!!!
sammayeam

Return to Trahan School