Tewksbury leads the area in number of condomiums....

Citizen group actively involved in affecting growth and development in town.

Tewksbury leads the area in number of condomiums....

Postby bferrari on Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:11 pm

The Real Estate market certainly knows that Tewksbury leads the pack in numbers of condominiums.... wow what an honor.... not

""One thing that's unique about Tewksbury is they do have a very, very large condo market compared to the towns around it," Vitali said. "There's nothing that competes with what Tewksbury has to offer in the condo arena."

http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_31271177/we ... ate-market
bferrari
Site Admin

Re: Tewksbury leads the area in number of condomiums....

Postby Tewksbury2001 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:25 pm

it is sad more cannot be done to stop the condo/apartment development.
Tewksbury2001

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Fight with your vote! Local and state level. Get people who actually want to save Tewksbury's open areas and who understand how single family homes don't bleed the systems like these condos and "luxury apartments". What a joke.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby swamper on Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:03 pm

This article KILLS me.....they make it sound all rosy and that it's such a GREAT thing and everything is just hunky-dory! Just because they're interviewing and quoting new transplants from more congested areas like Malden.....I'm willing to bet if they asked ANY existing long time residents and even some not-so-long-time residents it would be a totally different perception of how 'GREAT' this is that we are now known as a condo mecca! Over-building with the additional traffic gridlock it causes on our streets....yeah, sign me up for that! And I beg to differ on the affordability! Most parents of adult children who grew up in this town will tell you their kids are hard pressed to be able to afford to stay here and I mean 'college educated young professionals' not those who may have lesser wage type jobs. Many are moving to places like Dracut and Pelham, NH.
swamper

Postby badronald on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:20 am

The rent prices, as a adult working full time, in a well paying job, is unbeliveable.
badronald

Postby jtciampa on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:21 am

When you see 1BR apartments renting for $2K in Somerville and Medford and shoebox studios renting for $2,400 in Boston then Tewksbury looks good by comparison but it doesn't change the fact that the rental market inside Rt. 495 is wildly overpriced. When you factor in the amount of student loan debt (kids basically graduate with a mortgage) I don't see how any of this is affordable for young folks starting out.

I know this is not the point of this thread but one of the ways to reduce pricing is to increase supply and therefore competition in the pricing and features offered. I only say this to point out that you cannot have it both ways - Less development and lower prices do not go hand in hand.
jtciampa

Postby bferrari on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm

We are reducing the values of our homes far faster than other communities because we lead the way in condo development... which is maddening.

It is not our job to provide housing for everyone. There are also over 130 more communities that fight condos.
bferrari
Site Admin

Postby Tewksbury2001 on Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Agreed.... if the builders wanted to put in a street of mansions that would be better than 200 condo's any day.. build something to bring up the average...not bring it down.. I could never be a builder... it would kill my conscience.... not sure how these guys sleep at night knowing they ruin their own towns.... if that want to do this... go somewhere else...
Tewksbury2001

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:15 pm

Tewksbury2001 wrote:Agreed.... if the builders wanted to put in a street of mansions that would be better than 200 condo's any day.. build something to bring up the average...not bring it down.. I could never be a builder... it would kill my conscience.... not sure how these guys sleep at night knowing they ruin their own towns.... if that want to do this... go somewhere else...

Developers/builders are parasites!
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby Clorox on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:08 am

did you watch the planning board? discount madness has been sold and will be plowed into condos. huge townhouses. three stories.
Clorox

Return to Tewksbury Citizens for Planned Growth