2012 Master Plan Update Visioning Forum

Citizen group actively involved in affecting growth and development in town.

2012 Master Plan Update Visioning Forum

Postby swamper on Tue May 22, 2012 11:07 am

For all of you residents wanting to put in your two cents out there.....these sessions are your perfect opportunity to participate and become more involved. Having attended the first go around several years ago, I can tell you they were very informative and worthwhile. It is also nice to see how many of those goals implemented back then in 2004 have since unfolded and been achieved through hard work and dedicated, careful planning. This is a positive endeavor for our Town and it would be great to see some new (and old) faces joining in!

Tewksbury sessions will set vision for Master Plan
By Joyce Tsai, jtsai@lowellsun.com
Updated: 05/22/2012 06:37:25 AM EDT

TEWKSBURY -- Want some say over how the town should take shape over the next 20 years?

Here's your chance.

The Northern Middlesex Council of Governments and the town of Tewksbury is hosting the first in a series of three "visioning sessions" that will help the town revise its 2004 Master Plan. The first will be held on Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Tewksbury Senior Center, 175 Chandler St.

Community Development Director Steve Sadwick said the input offered at the meetings will help update the Master Plan, which hasn't been revised in nearly 10 years.

"What it will do is serve as a guide for local decision-makers for future development opportunities," he said.

The first session will focus on land use, economic development and housing issues, as well as other general town planning and development issues. Future sessions, which will be scheduled at a later date, will focus on historic protection, business development and other related topics.

Sadwick said his office, along with the Planning Board, hope to revise the Master Plan in the next 12 to 18 months. It will incorporate changes in the town's overlay districts, which have passed at Town Meeting over the years, and will look at how to implement those changes. The plan will also address how to market certain areas to spur economic development, as well as enhance the town's open space and historic preservation.

For information, contact NMCOG Assistant Director Jay Donovan
at jdonovan@nmcog. org or 978-454-8021, ext. 16.
swamper

Re: 2012 Master Plan Update Visioning Forum

Postby swamper on Wed May 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Thanks to the (count them) four citizens besides myself and a small handful of town officials who attended tonight's first "interactive" visioning session.... It was a small but vocal group. I hope word is better publicized before the next one and more people are encouraged to attend and participate.
swamper

Postby newtotewks on Fri May 25, 2012 9:07 am

I would've liked to be there and participate, but alas....no babysitter. Maybe a weekend time slot for a future meeting?
newtotewks

Postby swamper on Fri May 25, 2012 10:59 am

I remember from the last time they DID hold one of them on a Saturday.....hopefully that will be the case this time as well.
swamper

Return to Tewksbury Citizens for Planned Growth