Focus

Citizen group actively involved in affecting growth and development in town.

Focus

Postby I B E W on Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:00 pm

What a nice article I just read in the Lowell Sun. Sunday 4-25 on the front page of the focus section. Written by Jim Campanini.Very good for all the maybe mall people.
[img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
I B E W

Focus

Postby bferrari on Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:19 pm

I would but I cancelled my subscription and don't miss it.
bferrari
Site Admin

Focus

Postby silva56 on Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:08 pm

bferrari,

I second your statement. I cancelled the Sun 3wks ago and I also don't miss it.

The Globe is a much better paper than the Sun.
silva56

Focus

Postby tutt on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:49 am

I dont have a subscription and im not getting one the sun is a yellow sheet.
tutt

Focus

Postby swamper on Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:16 am

FYI Diesel... if you bothered to do any further reading beyond the editorial spin of the Sun... krauseo provided an INTELLIGENT and valid rebuttal to many of Campanini's biased and/or misinformed statements in said editorial in the STOMP forum under the Destination Ghost Mall topic, page two.
swamper

Focus

Postby sdeackoff on Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:12 pm

Selected quotes from the Development Review prepared for Tewksbury by the Community Opportunities Group.

Economic Impact:

"Since Tewksbury's per capita retail sales are similar to state and national averages (adjusted for income), its existing retail base appears to be fairly self-sufficient." - Page 2

"It is more likely that a traditional business district with more retail diversity than Tewksbury has will experience the effects of a new shopping center." - Page 3

Master Plan Consistency:

"In the Tewksbury Master Plan, we made many recommendations concerning scale, design, efficient (an more valuable) use of land, protection of wetlands and open space, emphasis on reorganizing and strengthening the economy along route 38, particularly in the Town center, and the process that Tewksbury follows to make economic development decisions.... we have seen no evidence that the applicant has addressed any of these recommendations...." - Page 4

Impact of proposed Mall

"Since many details about Tewksbury Mills are currently unknown, it is not possible to estimate the mall's near-or long-term impacts on local and regional business establishments." - Page 17

"If the Town decides to support the proposed development, we strongly recommend that the developer be asked to provide a more complete analysis of local and area impacts. A comprehensive economic impacts study considers both gross output and net change," - Page 17
sdeackoff

Return to Tewksbury Citizens for Planned Growth