Woburn St 40B

Citizen group actively involved in affecting growth and development in town.

Re: Woburn St 40B

Postby HC5512 on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:36 pm

And trust me, his lack of responding will come back to bite him when he brings this to the Board of Selectmen which is the next step in the process.
HC5512

Re: Woburn St 40B

Postby HC5512 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Just received a response from the builder:

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my letter with your detailed email. I have been away since July 18th and returned yesterday, July 25th, so this is the first opportunity I have had to respond. Since my intention is to be open and honest with the information you are requesting, I will stay focused on the questions you posed, and respect your position to stay adversarial as per the content of your email.

To answer your three questions:

1. I do understand that Mr. Sadwick (to whom you copied your email) did respond to you directly and answered your questions regarding our portion of the property in Lowell.
2. As you are aware from your presence at the Tewksbury Housing Partnership meeting in April, the question was asked as to what the affordable rate in Tewksbury was for the monthly rate of an apartment. The response was that it is in the vicinity of $1200. Of note, the median affordable household income is in the vicinity of $60,000 annually. Since the Tewksbury Housing Authority has the most current figures you are also at liberty to contact them directly. Market rate units would likely be marketed at a rate of $1600 to $1800 per month based upon comparable rents in Tewksbury.
3. The Woburn Street property is zoned heavy industrial, and there are a number of uses which fall in that category. We are within our rights to pursue such uses pending approval from the Tewksbury Planning Board. Our expectation was that the proposed residential use would be more appealing than an industrial use to the abutters. Please keep in mind our meeting with the Town of Tewksbury Housing Partnership Committee was arranged by us in order to get input from them on the viability of such proposed use. Since you were in attendance at that meeting, you are aware that it was voted unanimously to recommend the kind of usage we propose for the development of the Woburn Street Property. Also, Tewksbury, unlike Lowell, is under 10% in designated affordable housing units.

In closing, I will offer that we are open to further dialogue and communication if it relates to your working with and offering us productive feedback on the proposed project.
HC5512

Previous

Return to Tewksbury Citizens for Planned Growth