SPEEDING BUSES..WHERE ARE THE COPS?

Discussions about the town school transportation system.

Postby townee on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:03 pm

what is the bus number and the route its on. all you do is talk about speeding buses on this forum.
townee

Postby WhatsNext on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:41 am

If somebody is able to get a radar patrol from calling the safety officer, please let me know what "magic" you worked. I've been trying for years .. offering my driveway, my yard, giving times of day that are worst, and nothing. I have never even spoke with anyone (always get the voicemail). Of late, I've gotten frustrated and haven't called back. I will have to start that up again. We live on Lowe St... also a speedway! And yes, some of the offenders are our school buses.
WhatsNext

Postby BUSTER on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:18 pm

halffull

After the "cops" get their coffee they all run to the station to dip there footsies in the heated pool.
BUSTER

Postby redbarchetta69 on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:18 pm

Whatsnext: The cops are too busy working details at $40/hour on the sewer project to catch speeders on Lowe street.
redbarchetta69

Postby chucknorris on Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:40 pm

I don't understand what's being implied here? that these speeding bus drivers deserve to be arrested and put in jail? unfortunately for you speeding is not an arrestable offense. If they got a speeding ticket the town pays it anyways and not the busdriver themselves. I'm sure busdrivers going 21 in a 15 isn't the top concern.
chucknorris

Postby Tiff on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:03 pm

Chucknorris, Are you sure the Town pays the bill for a moving violation? Tewksbury Transit is a private company...Even at the MBTA the driver has to pay the fine him or herself, then they also have the punishment from the T to deal with. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Tiff

Postby jules2 on Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:16 pm

Chuck, I think the point is that the busses are full of kids and should not be speeding to and from the schools- even if only a bit over the posted limit!
jules2

Postby tmpenz64 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:14 am

thank you jules 2,
the point isnt who pays the ticket or gets fired, but the safety of our children.
tmpenz64

Postby duffyhouse on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:07 am

Years ago, I was successful in getting one of those mobile speed detectors put in front of the North St. school as I was sick and tired of Tewskbury Transit buses speeding thru the blinking 20MPH sign! I had the number to Tewksbury Transit on speed dial on my cell phone and every time I saw a bus speeding, I would call the company with the time, place and bus #. I called for weeks until I guess they got sick of me. With the help of the Police Dept. the Safety Officer put the detector up.

The only problem is that the detector increases awareness for awhile, and when it goes away, back come the speeders.

This am, at approx. 8:50am, at Catamount and North St. Bus #15 came FLYING past doing about 55mph and there were kids standing up and kids on their knees in their seats facing the seats behind them.

A VERY dangerous situation!!!!!
duffyhouse

Postby tombrady23 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:26 pm

if everyone is so concerned about the speeding buses, call tewksbury transit and voice your concern, call the tewksbury police and ask for them to do radar in your area one morning, other wise start driving your kids to school and stop whining every day about the buses
tombrady23

Postby redbarchetta69 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
other wise start driving your kids to school and stop whining every day about the buses

That is the worse thing you could do. Children are far safe on a school bus then they are in a car. Way more children die in cars than on school buses. However, a child dying in his parents car doesn't make CNN.

Keep calling and the problem will eventually get solved.
redbarchetta69

Postby Chasnbos on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:12 pm

Gee the roads are so bad in Tewksbury thanks to the sewer big dig that you break your back in a school bus if you go over 30
Chasnbos

Postby J2007D on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:25 pm

First of all- when police officers are on a detail making $40/hr, they are working on a day off. They are not taking away from the patrol cars on the road. Dont blame the PD for the bus drivers causing an unsafe situation. What does a police officers pay have to do with a speeding bus? How about asking how much is the bus driver being paid an hour to endanger children?? Thats where your concern should be.
Call the transit company and make a complaint. Call the police department when you witness a speeding bus and give them a direction of travel and they will send a car out at that very moment. Also there is a form that can be picked up at the police dept that can be filled out and sent to the RMV to file a formal complaint. I know its a pain in the butt to make all of these calls but its well worth it for the safety of our children
J2007D

Postby tinkerbell on Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:41 am

well mr brady, either you are 1) not a parent of children 2) don't give a shit or 3) are just plain ignorant. I go for a combination of 2 and 3. Many of the above posters have tried the combination of calling Tewksbury Transit, Tewksbury Police, and their respective schools without success!
tinkerbell

Previous

Return to Tewksbury Transit Issues