WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Discussions about the town school transportation system.

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby angel68 on Sat Sep 22, 2001 2:09 pm

Can someone please tell me where one would find the regulations of transit procedures in Tewksbury? i.e. where, when, how, etc. children are to be picked up and dropped off. With last winter's incident, I'm trying to be prepared. Also, a friend of mine has mentioned her kids being picked up amongst a business district (commercially zoned?) Is this the norm, acceptance to the rule, or just someone not paying attention to kids being picked up safely? Thanks for the help
angel68

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby johnhancock on Sat Sep 22, 2001 5:25 pm

The first place I would start is to call the school department's office or even call one of the school committee members. I am sure one of them would help. An administrator in the school department must have a copy of the transit procedures for the buses. Good luck in your search.
johnhancock

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby apollo_helios on Fri Oct 05, 2001 6:23 pm

Is it just the 8th grade or 7 and 8?

I can barely remember when I was in the 8th grade, but it was an awkward time for most.

When we entered the 9th grade (freshman in high school for me) we were 14, the smaller kids were intimidated by the seniors.

I think that Dr. McGrath should definitely address the issue.
apollo_helios

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby lunitoons on Sat Oct 06, 2001 12:52 am

I just heard from my kid that the High School students that serve detention after school go home on the same buses that the 8th graders go home on. This doesn't make any sense. Why would you want to put the worst of the 9-12 graders on the same bus as the 8th graders? Do the parents of the 8th graders know about this? What does anybody else think about this?
lunitoons

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby lunitoons on Sat Oct 06, 2001 4:08 am

apollo, it's the 8th graders. They are at the high school this year due to the redo at the middle school. The concern about the mixing of the older kids with these younger kids was a high priority during the discussions about this set up. The 8th graders are on a different schedule. That was how they were addresing the bus issue. Their bus leaves later, now, my understanding is, the high school detention kids go home with them.
lunitoons

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby angel68 on Sat Oct 06, 2001 11:00 am

Make'em walk! Who's bright ideas was that? Oohhh, hmmmm, who makes the bus schedules? I've years to worry about that kind of mix, but nip that one in the bud! Ridding with general population Highschoolers would not be a good idea, but to put the misbehaving ones on the bus with the younger children?

Oh, forgot what town I was in for a minute. That does make sense! Aren't they great role models for our younger children? They mis behave in school, and they get to teach the younger ones on the way home! Kuddos! Another fine job by our superiors!
angel68

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby Warrey65 on Sun Oct 07, 2001 1:42 am

I nominate Dave Libby for bus monitor.
Warrey65

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby apollo_helios on Mon Oct 08, 2001 8:59 am

lunitoons, go for it.

Write a letter to the School Committee, CC it to the Selectboard, Tewksbury Advocate and Tewksbury Town Crier, concerning the 8th graders and misbehaving 9-12 graders being on the same bus.

Ask the school committee to put the item on their agenda and notify you when it is scheduled to be heard.
apollo_helios

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby angel68 on Wed Oct 10, 2001 5:45 pm

And post it here for all interested in their children's school bus safety to attend!
angel68

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby tewksburytewksbury123 on Fri Oct 26, 2001 5:58 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by johnhancock:
The first place I would start is to call the school department's office or even call one of the school committee members. I am sure one of them would help. An administrator in the school department must have a copy of the transit procedures for the buses. Good luck in your search.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Th
tewksburytewksbury123

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN?

Postby tewksburytewksbury123 on Fri Oct 26, 2001 6:04 pm

SPEEDING SCHOOL BUSES

Have you ever noticed how some buses speed?
tewksburytewksbury123

Return to Tewksbury Transit Issues