DRESS CODE

Discussions about the town school transportation system.

DRESS CODE

Postby hwyman495 on Fri May 31, 2002 7:24 pm

Just wondering if our bus company in town has a dress code. Most drivers I see are very well dressed and respectable looking, It is a shame that this particular driver has to dress like something from Middlesex St. I think it is a disgrace to this town and to all other drivers who are out there trying to be respectable to our town. Furthermore I drive my 7th grader to school as I do not want him subjected to this kind of dress until he is in the navy. Maybe our town should reguire a drees code for bus drivers like we do for school teachers.This isnt for all your drivers but one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel. Please tewksbury transit pay attention what your driver is wearing.
Thank you.
hwyman495

DRESS CODE

Postby bumblebee on Fri May 31, 2002 10:40 pm

The driver of that bus is a responsible driver and very likable. Have you seen the way some of the kids in schools dress? I don't believe seeing her style of dress will have a great affect on your child. Kids are taught today to be individuals. The driver is a great person and would never be so petty to judge another.
bumblebee

DRESS CODE

Postby hwyman495 on Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:00 am

Maybe she is a nice person but that doesnt mean she can dress like a hooker to drive a bus
hwyman495

DRESS CODE

Postby bumblebee on Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:38 am

What and where is Middlesex St? How do you know of it? I bet she doesn't.
bumblebee

DRESS CODE

Postby ldyofthesouth on Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:27 pm

hey Bumbebee I have seen how this women dress it is a disgrace to our town our children do not need to look at an adult her age with holes in her legs (cellulite) when we are parents ourself and do not dress like that let her do it on her own time I have to agree with hwyman it is not the proper place to dress like that
ldyofthesouth

DRESS CODE

Postby bferrari on Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:57 am

Good morning,

What I am about to post is from someone who emailed us this morning, I also do happen to agree with the emailer's comments:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I would like to comment on dress code. For the ignorant people who haven't rode on a bus in decades this time of year is sweltering. The children are all sticky and sweaty being on the bus for a short time. Some of those bus drivers are driving all day long. Maybe we should not quickly judge someone unless you have been in their shoes. I'm sure she will read this and be so hurt . In turn KUDOS to all of you. your comment are so uplifting it disgusts me.

Also there has not been anything this woman is wearing that is revealing. Her style is different ,but not revealing. This woman deserves more than you people give her credit for. My son rides on her bus and absoutely loves her. She has a genuine character. I have never seen her without a smile on her face. I sometimes ask her how do you do this job? Laughs and say's I love the kids I'm like one myself That's her, always cracking jokes .

With all the devastation going on in this world maybe we should make some changes in ourselves, not be jealouse of a person who is a free spirit. I would also like to say Don't let this hurt you, Be strong take their slap to the face and move on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
bferrari
Site Admin

DRESS CODE

Postby swamper on Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:01 am

Finally, someone with some common sense! I also agree with the points in the above post,BF. One would think these parents would be more focused on how their bus driver interacts with/treats the kids in her care as well as her actual driving safety record rather than what she wears.... particularly given the hot weather conditions/demands of the job! Get a life, people! As the other post infers.... walk a mile in her shoes!
swamper

DRESS CODE

Postby bumblebee on Tue Jun 04, 2002 12:46 am

Well said. My next choice of words for the highway and the "lady" probably wouldn;t have been nice and would probably have gotten me kicked off the site. Now, can we all get on with the rest of a nice and safe school year.
bumblebee

DRESS CODE

Postby jeth42 on Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:06 am

I am a bus driver and it is hot on those buses but some of the outfits do not belong on the bus you are there for the saftey of the children but these kids also look up to there bus drivers and we need to set an example. Its great this person is good to the kids and cares but this parent also cares and there must be a problem if there writing in. This person should take a step back and rethink some of the outfits. you should be able to wear shorts and a summer shirt but at the same time be respectful
jeth42

DRESS CODE

Postby hwyman495 on Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:05 pm

Well said JET the issue here is not how nice she is it is all about the way she was dressed.
hwyman495

DRESS CODE

Postby bumblebee on Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:40 pm

OMG. It's turned out to ba all about people worrying about what someone else wears needing to gat a life.
bumblebee

DRESS CODE

Postby mrs23b on Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:03 pm

"YOU CAN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER"
REMEMBER YOUR PARENTS TELLING YOU THIS OR MAYBE YOU SAYING IT TO YOUR OWN KIDS.WELL I REALLY DON'T WANT TO "JUDGE" YOU BUT TO ME YOU SOUND LIKE A "SNOB" MEANING- SIMPLE NARROW-MINDED OBNOXIOUS- WELL LETS SAY BOOB (BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO GET THROWN OFF)OR IS YOUR NAME A CLUE TO YOUR OCCUPATION (CRUSING 495 REST STOPS???) AND IF YOU PRATICE WHAT YOU PREACH THEN I HOPE YOUR KIDS DON'T LISTEN TO YOU. I TOO AM A BUS DRIVER IN TEWKSBURY AND I AM BEST FRIENDS WITH THIS DRIVER AND I NOTICED THAT YOU ORIGANLLY INCLUDED HER BUS NUMBER BUT YOU DIDN'T HAVE THE BAL-- TO IDENTIFY YOURSELF.. ISN'T IT NICE THAT WE CAN THROW STONES AT PEOPLE WE DON'T KNOW BY USING THE "CLOAK OF INVISIBILITY" OF THIS FORUM...THIS DRIVER IS ONE OF THE BEST DRIVERS WE HAVE (MY OPION). SHE'S ON TIME, ALWAYS IN AND AVAILABLE TO HELP OUT WITH CHARTERS..ALWAYS PLEASENT TO THE KIDS AND THEIR PARENTS AND ALWAYS WILLING TO LISTEN TO BOTH. IF THE WAY SHE DRESSES IS THE ONLY ISSUE YOU HAVE THEN YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE.. YOU ARE PROBABLY THE TYPE OF PARENT THAT LETS HER KID DRESS LIKE BRITTANY SPEARS AND THINKS IT'S CUTE...GROW UP..JUST BE GLAD YOUR KID MAKES IT TO SCHOOL ON TIME..IN ONE PIECE... AND HOPE THAT THE NEXT DRIVER YOU GET IS AS UNDERSTANDING AND RELIABLE.. AND MAYBE AS PERFECT AS YOU SEEING AS WE CAN'T ALL BE BLESSED WITH UNHOLY THIGHS AND IMPECABLE DRESS..TO THIS DRIVER-HANG IN THERE --9 MORE DAYS HON!!! TO-HWYMAN 495-GET REAL!!!!!OH AND STOP HANGING AROUND MIDDLESEX ST-YOU WOULDN'T WANT YOU KIDS TO GET THE WRONG IDEA..WOULD YOU???
mrs23b

DRESS CODE

Postby Kid@heart on Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:19 am

What'd I miss??? I've seen just about all the bus drivers for Tewksbury Transit and I don't remember seeing any resembling hookers. I've also ridden on those buses. Hot steamy and sticky is an understatement to the temperature and climate of those things in the heat of the day. From a phsycological stand, it appears that the poster with issues would have some underlying ones his/herself. One can not make another one feel uncomfortable, guilty, or any of the like feelings. If one feels those things, it is due to ones inner self. If you feel you need a crusade (and you appear to have lots of energy by the posts I've read), please crusade for the children's safety. I've never seen this bus/driver speeding throughout town, pulled over by the police for failing to stop or obey speed limits, or noted in the paper for fights or disruptive behaviors from the students.

We need to draw the line somewhere. Is she exposing her private areas? Is she groping the students? Then for heaven sake, let her be. Don't make her paranoid everytime she opens the door to great students that a parent will be lurking to 'check her out'. God knows I've had my run ins with Dave Libby on transport issues and wouldn't hesitate to bring concerns to his attention, but this one is null and void. Unless she's wearing a bikini or see through clothing, all the power to her for being so confident in her dress. Perhaps we can all learn from this.
Kid@heart

Return to Tewksbury Transit Issues