Why can't we find out the school bus routes online?

Discussions about the town school transportation system.

Postby HiMom on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:38 pm

I know it's last minute, but why can I not find the school bus routes online?

This could be a link from the tewksbury education site...
HiMom

Postby tewksres477 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:44 pm

tewksres477

Postby angel68 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:36 am

Someone was busy last night! It's all there now! Even lunches! Kuddo's for the 11th hour!
angel68

Postby duffyhouse on Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:55 am

Oh the "power" of Issues is awesome!!!!

Whatever, it IS GREAT the info is up there!
duffyhouse

Postby MAMA on Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:47 am

It WAS great that the information was there. Unfortunately, it is no longer accessible. None of the pdf's are coming up.

It seems there was alot of confusion this year with the buses ~ The Town Crier had one thing; The Advocate had another. We have a small group at our bus stop, and some parents thought one thing while other parents thought something different (regarding drop-off, reverse order, etc.) That's why I printed an "official" copy off the website. I'm so glad I did before that "window" closed!

I understand that there were some problems with some of the buses yesterday ~ maybe that's why the information has been taken offline . . .?
MAMA

Postby dduquette on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:50 am

I've come to expect that the buses are slow the first few days while the kinks get worked out. My daughter's route seems strange to me, that it would bypass my neighborhood, pick up almost up to the school, and then turn and come back for just my neighborhood only to turn around again to go back to the school.

The trip took an hour yesterday. My daughter mentioned their bus (elementary) does the Ryan route too and that was the reason given for the delay. The Ryan dismisses at 2:20, the Heath Brook 2:45. Can they really expect to cut it that close? Can they deliver a bus full of kids and get back in 25 minutes?

I agree that maybe they took the schedule offline because changes are coming. This redistricting is I'm sure causing a lot of monkey wrenches in the works. I never did understand how buses were going to be saved with it, considering it's still the same number of kids no matter where you send them.
dduquette

Postby dduquette on Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:52 am

While I'm up here, anyone get word yet on how much the extended day programs are going to cost this year? I sent my deposit over the summer, and haven't heard a peep. I assume a payment is going to be due... haven't got a pay schedule either. The website still has the 2004 handbook up.

Thanks!
dduquette

Return to Tewksbury Transit Issues