BUS 12 DISTURBANCE TODAY!

Discussions about the town school transportation system.

Postby MAMA on Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:33 pm

I wanted to share with you all what happened to my son, and other students, while riding Bus 12 home from The Ryan School today.

Apparently, when the bus stopped at Pondview Lane ~ the affordable housing development off Livingston Street across from the Rec ~ there was a gang of about 8-12 teens that caused a commotion! Two of the teens actually boarded the school bus! One of the teens proceeded to steal the broom from the bus; then while swinging it around outside the bus, hit one of the other teens in the eye! Then this same kid mooned the bus! My son said they were acting strange, "like they were on drugs."

These kids were so close to the bus, adjacent to it, that the bus driver could not move the bus and had to call the cops! Four cruisers showed up! Whereupon, of course, most of the kids ran away. Three kids remained and were questioned: one that had boarded the bus (not the "broom kid"); the girl who had been hit in the eye and this girl's younger brother. The "broom kid" had "escaped!" Although these kids were questioned, they were eventually sent on their way! Aaarrrrggghhhh!

My child is fine, but I am really upset about this!

Mr. Peterson: Do you have any information about this? What, if anything, is going to be done about it? I'm concerned about Monday's ride home? I intend to call the police station, but thought I would reach out here, as well.
MAMA

Postby MAMA on Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:05 pm

**BUMP**

Also ~ can anyone tell me why the "Forum" page indicates that "busybody" replied to this post last night, but when I open the post there is nothing there? Could his/her reply have been deleted?

Anyone else's child on Bus 12? What did your child tell you?
MAMA

Postby fyi on Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:10 pm

I got pretty much the same story you did, not as much detail though...
fyi

Postby angela_russell on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:03 pm

Hi there.

Your son has got the whole story down just about perfectly. A police report will be filed this weekend, and yes the names of the kids who had boarded were obtained.

I saw just 2 cruisers though. It all happened so fast, but I believe the girl that was hit near her eyes was the student leaving the bus.

Happy Note - the students remaining on the bus were calm and did conduct themselves as appropriately as expected.
angela_russell

Postby MAMA on Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:00 am

Thank you for your replies. I am glad to learn that the police did get the names of the kids involved ~ I hope they have been punished in some way. And I sincerely hope there is no repeat on Monday!

Maybe a police cruiser could be at that stop on Monday . . .?
MAMA

Return to Tewksbury Transit Issues