Wynn bus today?

Discussions about the town school transportation system.

Wynn bus today?

Postby tjlmom2005 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:41 pm

Does anyone have Dave Libby's email on-hand? I'm a little aggravated with my daughter's bus driver (we are on the Wynn route that covers the Heathbrook side of Shawsheen Street) - my daughter leaves the house at 7:05 to go to the bus stop every day (same thing last year) and usually waits about 5 minutes for the bus. Today she left at 7:03, and the bus had already come and gone. Ok, fine, things change, she can leave a little earlier tomorrow.

I just got a call from her (she normally checks in when she gets home) to let me know that as of 2:20 the entire bus load of kids was still waiting at the Wynn for the bus to arrive to BRING THEM HOME. Unless this was a true emergency, I would love to hear the excuse for this. Guess it's a good thing today is not one of the days she meets her brother at the elementary bus stop. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
tjlmom2005

Wynn bus today?

Postby KAV on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:05 pm

Here's what I see as a phone number off the school website.

Coord. Transportation & Facilities
David A. Libby
978-640-7816
KAV

Wynn bus today?

Postby Tiff on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:16 pm

Most people at the school are:
first initial, last name @tewksbury.k12.ma.us
so dlibby@tewksbury.k12.ma.us
Good luck,Hope it helps!
Tiff

Wynn bus today?

Postby tjlmom2005 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:09 pm

Thanks guys - duh, yeah, could have looked up on the town site! I called him and left a message!
tjlmom2005

Wynn bus today?

Postby tjlmom2005 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Hmm apparently something is truly going on with this bus driver - I just spoke to my daughter, who arrived home on time today, who told me that this morning, the same driver wouldn't stop for three kids who were running up the road for the bus, and skipped 2 stops this morning....any other bus 21 parents out there?
tjlmom2005

Wynn bus today?

Postby mrauseo on Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:32 pm

I was at the bus stop when those girls came running to catch the bus. They were at the corner ready to cross the street when she took off. Not sure if she didn't see them but she didn't look either. The bus seems to be coming a little earlier than usually too. We missed it twice last week.
mrauseo

Wynn bus today?

Postby tjlmom2005 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:23 pm

My daughter was saying they got to school today at 7:11 - usually she was picked up at 7:10...

Apparently the kids told the bus driver about the kids running for the bus - she looked at them, paused, and kept going (yeah yeah, taking everything the "tweens and teens" say with a grain of salt, but over the last few days, the bus driver has shown some poor judgment)
tjlmom2005

Wynn bus today?

Postby mrauseo on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:33 pm

According to one of my sons, who got on the bus at that stop, the kids didn't tell her the girls were coming but she was looking at them. They assumed she saw them and they were very surprised that she drove off.

Two of my sons are on bus 21, the one that left 1/2 the kids at the school yesterday. One of them came home and one didn't. I drove to the school to pick him up not knowing how he was getting home. I plan on speaking to Mr. Donahue when I see him to express my concerns with this bus driver.
She definitely is coming earlier this year but that just means we have to adjust our schedule. I don't know if I can complain about that but my son did say they sit in the bus for 10 minutes at the school before they can get off. Maybe she can start her run 5 mintues later.
mrauseo

Wynn bus today?

Postby tjlmom2005 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:22 pm

I agree, like I said, if she is coming earlier, my daughter just has to get out of the house earlier (although telling the kids would have been nice!) - but the whole scene yesterday was just nuts.
tjlmom2005

Wynn bus today?

Postby goggins06 on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:06 pm

Good luck I had an issue like this last year with the 1/2 day kindergarten driver, I had to get my daughter at the school 3 times even though I was at the stop 5 minutes before they usually got let out...never got an answer to what changed though.
goggins06

Wynn bus today?

Postby sundance on Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:25 pm

Call Tewksbury Transit directly.
sundance

Wynn bus today?

Postby Baby on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:56 pm

Just to add my two cents on this. My son also has told me about this driver missing thie kids and knowing they are running to the stop and she takes off,also sitting at the school that early which there is no need for. He has also stated to me about the fact that she can be very rude at times and most definetly drives to fast on some of the roads. Maybe she should be spoken to. I will be contacting the wynn in the morning.
Baby

Wynn bus today?

Postby Idon'tgetit on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:43 am

In defense of myself, the reason the kids got left behind is bacause the didn't look well enough for my bus. I was the second bus in line that day. I am always parked withi in the first four buses. Why is it that half the kids found the bus? When the lead person out front tells us to go, we go. As far as me bieng early in the morning, I am not. My first stop is supposed to be at 7:00. I am there for 7:00. I leave the bus yard at the same time every day. If I am a minute or two late, its bacause of all the road work going on. If some one is missing the bus its because they are not out there on time. I have never left any one behind. I have pulled over many times to wait for some one coming up the street. How annoying do you think it is when your waiting and they are taking their time to get to the bus. Think what you would be saying to yourself if you were stuck behind the bus.
As far as the comments about me being rude, how would you know if you never met me. Just because I expect the kids in my bus to behave, doesn't make me rude.
If you think I'm such a bad driver, why don't you follow the bus some time and check it out. I have nothing to hide. I think I am a very curtious and cautious driver. You will never see kids standing on my bus. If some one is standing, the bus will not move. I am a very quiet person and I do not say a word to the kids unless they do something wrong. Don't you want your kids treated with respect? Thats what I expect. When I ask some one to do something, I expect it to be done with out getting any rude back talk.
Idon'tgetit

Wynn bus today?

Postby KAV on Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:13 pm

I understand you have to go when told because you have to get to the elementary schools on time, but did you notice that half the kids were not on the bus yet? Was there kids still rummaging around looking for the right busses? If there wasn't still a bunch of kids trying to find their bus, then I can see the busses pulling out, but if the kids were still boarding, the busses should have waited.
KAV

Wynn bus today?

Postby Idon'tgetit on Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 pm

As far as noticeing I was missing half my kids, yes I did, but asfar as I knew, something must have been going on after school. There must be 10 buses around that circle. There is faculty placed all around that circle to make sure all the kids are on the buses. They give each other the signal and tell us to go. When they say go, we go. There are five more buses waiting to get in to pick their kids up. There are plenty of times when you don't have all your kids on the bus. After school activities, sports try outs ect. My kids know I am always at the front of the line. If I am doing a field trip in between, I know I won't be at the front and I tell them before they get off the bus in the morning.
Idon'tgetit

Next

Return to Tewksbury Transit Issues