Rumor of a heroin sober house going in on Whittemore

Discussions of what any "conflicts of interest" in town. Business owners involved in town politics and not disclosing facts such as this, etc.

Rumor of a heroin sober house going in on Whittemore

Postby bferrari on Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 am

There is a rumor of a heroin sober house going in on 132 Whittemore St. Supposedly a group "Called Into Action" is doing this.

Anyone have any information on this?? Seriously getting out of hand. We already have the State Hospital dealing with such groups.
bferrari
Site Admin

Re: Rumor of a heroin sober house going in on Whittemore

Postby badronald on Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:35 am

Why would you be against a sober house?
People need treatment. The state hospital program is full or gets shuttered. There are not nearly enough treatment facilities available.
badronald

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:19 pm

bferrari wrote:There is a rumor of a heroin sober house going in on 132 Whittemore St. Supposedly a group "Called Into Action" is doing this.

Anyone have any information on this?? Seriously getting out of hand. We already have the State Hospital dealing with such groups.

Get sober on your own time and at your own house! So sick of this hand-holding of adults! JUST STOP DOING HEROIN, IDIOT!
When I got out of the service, I was def drinking too much. Guess what? I cut way back. Like an adult. I guess there isn’t much money to be made in treating booze anymore so no one told me I needed a safe space to dry out. There was
Talk of putting on of these places next to the park on Rogers St. three streets from mine. Thank God that vanished. For now.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby badronald on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:09 am

You can't possibly be serious?
badronald

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:27 pm

badronald wrote:You can't possibly be serious?

I am completely serious. Your bleeding heart nonsense is exactly what has killed Massachusetts and has made Tewksbury fall so far since I moved here. Just stop doing heroin. Or better yet don’t start. Every single person from my childhood who has gone on to be a junkie was exactly who I thought it would be. No need to bus them into my town for them to be treated like children and told it’s not their fault.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby badronald on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 am

It's people like you and your ignorance that are ruining Teeksbury, Massachusetts, and this country.
badronald

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:04 pm

badronald wrote:It's people like you and your ignorance that are ruining Teeksbury, Massachusetts, and this country.

By not catering to scumbags? Also, proofread your posts. Have some dignity.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby badronald on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:37 pm

I have dignity. For myself and others. Unlike you. You are saying terrible things.
badronald

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:25 pm

badronald wrote:I have dignity. For myself and others. Unlike you. You are saying terrible things.

Who talks like that? Go clutch your pearls.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby jtciampa on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:34 am

I am a pretty compassionate person and I am not opposed to a sober house if the location is appropriate (not near a school or the library for example).

Let's be real though. What is worse for Tewksbury - an influx of drug addicts or people expressing their opinions on a local forum?

The drug addicts, recovering or otherwise are new but the townspeople have been here for generations and a lot of people liked the old Tewksbury more than the new. I don't think there is much merit to the idea that the people who have been here for generations are the ones ruining the town.
jtciampa

Postby Harry on Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:08 pm

The issue is not about a heroin sober house. It's about zoning and what and is and isn't allowed in the residential zoning areas. The "snobbery" inclusion is simply a red herring.
Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Postby badronald on Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:53 am

Yeah helping people get sober is killing Massachusetts. Maybe you mean the people who first marketed oxycontin as safe alternative.
I don't clutch my pearls I wildy swing them at stupidity.
badronald

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:30 am

I hope people don’t forget about this, esp. people over in that part of town. If people were capable of raising their kids right, we wouldn’t have this epidemic. It isn’t society’s fault, it’s yours. Trash people raise trash kids.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby jtciampa on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Unfortunately I know of two kids that died from drug overdoses and they had what most of us would consider an ideal home life and lots of parental support. Lack of support or involvement at home probably increases the risk tremendously, but it is not a guarantee.

In this particular case though, the issue is about zoning, not the benefits of a sober house to recovering addicts.

There is land for sale in town that could be used (maybe even the old PD?) that might be much better suited for recovery (proximity to public transportation, the library for computer access, etc).
jtciampa

Return to Conflicts of Interest