This is the best forum of all !

Discussions of what any "conflicts of interest" in town. Business owners involved in town politics and not disclosing facts such as this, etc.

Postby Skipp on Fri May 11, 2001 11:46 am

This is the greatest forum of all !!!

Very timely also, after town meeting, where all, who were in attendance, got to see exactly who stood up for every article. Not to mention, the speakers !!!

Let's start with the wetland bylaw and the growth management bylaw. It might not have been very clear, to all the voters, as to why certain people at the town level say the things they do. Or, perhaps, why they do or not do, things, as the case may be, in matters concerning town meeting articles. I don't know which end of the room to start with.
Skipp

Postby duffyhouse on Fri May 11, 2001 2:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skipp:

Let's start with the wetland bylaw and the growth management bylaw. It might not have been very clear, to all the voters, as to why certain people at the town level say the things they do. Or, perhaps, why they do or not do, things, as the case may be, in matters concerning town meeting articles. I don't know which end of the room to start with.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are very observant.

The Town would only have had to possibly take approximately a 225K "hit" in new growth revenue if Article 25 had passed.

To quote one of our Selectmen from 5/7/01 at Town Meeting, in reference to the 200K shortfall in the School Budget, he said, "if we can't find 200K in a 68 million dollar budget than something is seriously wrong".

Well the same could be said in defense of Article 25.
duffyhouse

Postby Skipp on Fri May 11, 2001 2:24 pm

I really want to get started on letting people know how the characters relate to one another on town meeting floor.

First up is the man who got up from his table and started going on and on about ' his' land and now he wouldn't be able to use it to build on, and something about adding 2 bedrooms to his home and on and on and on. All the while, the construction workers were streaming in, smelling of boose. The guy just kept ranting and ranting about nothing, working the clock to allow time for the workers to get there from the closest bar. He's one of the many town officials that didn't read the bylaw very well. He has all the deeds to the town owned property stashed somewhere ready to deal them out to his builder, co- office worker. I don't know, is that a conflict?
Skipp

Postby Huey on Mon May 14, 2001 2:40 pm

Hey, Skipp!!! Did you know that, the guy you're talking about, is married to the woman at the table next to the podium? She's the one that tallies all the votes.
Huey

Postby Skipp on Wed May 16, 2001 10:04 am

Speaking of counting votes. I just found out that one of the vote counters is married to one of the committee members.

Also news to me, another committee member is involved financially with a developer/development in this town.

Of course, this is such a small town.
Skipp

Postby Disgusted on Thu May 17, 2001 6:13 am

What's that about the finance committee?

They claimed, at town meeting, that they didn't get the information in time to make a decision, so they voted for indefinite postponement. I don't get it. They are the ones who have the whole budget right in front of them!!!
They are the ones who wrestle with Cressman and the school dept and everyother dept when they want/need more money. Can't they see that we are chasing our tails? Now, we find out, they, too, have their connections. This is great...
Disgusted

Postby Skipp on Thu Jun 21, 2001 7:58 am

Hey, if you guys watched the Conservation Commission last night, did anyone catch on to the fact that Attny. Rick O'Neill, who represents the applicant for Roger Common, NEVER said who he respresents, never said he is a special town employee.

At least at the last hearing for Rogers Common, Scott Consaul had the balls to disclose who he represents and his status as a Special Town Employee.

I mean really, how many sides of the table can one person sit on? The town is also a co-applicant in this development-- is Rick O'neill the only lawyer around here?

I'm a tax payer in this town-- I want our town to have its own lawyer, on our side of the table- one who doesn't have developers interests underlying every move.....
Skipp

Postby CharterTown@aol.com on Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:17 am

CharterTown@aol.com
Member # 234
posted 06-21-2001 08:06 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IN THE NAME OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Before the Selectmen make Rick O'Neill a "special municipal employee" again they should watch his antics at last nights Conservation Com. meeting.

The pictures really set him off. I hope Ms. Perdicaro gives copies of them to the Selectmen. The lady deserves a lot of credit for being able to stand up to Mr. O'Neill. He was an absolute disgrace last night. Obviously he didn't have the backbone to try the same thing with the men on the board.

Please take note he brought a woman lawyer with him though. She even put her pen down at one point crossed her arms and just looked at him.

Wonder what the Board of Bar Overseeres would think if they saw a tape of his antics, and lies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 28 | From: Home | Registered: Mar 2001 | IP: Logged
CharterTown@aol.com

Postby duffyhouse on Thu Jun 21, 2001 8:45 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CharterTown@aol.com:
[B]CharterTown@aol.com
Member # 234
posted 06-21-2001 08:06 AM
"THIS IN THE NAME OF AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Before the Selectmen make Rick O'Neill a "special municipal employee" again they should watch his antics at last nights Conservation Com. meeting. "

ONeil's "antics" were the main reason I continued to watch until the bitter end! I couldn't believe it when he told Gail to "take a chill pill". I don't think I have ever seen anyone on the "other side" continually be so disrespectful, meeting after meeting, as this not the first time ONeill has said such remarks. I too give Gail a lot of credit.
duffyhouse

Return to Conflicts of Interest