Copolla, Ryan, Gill - Why do they continue to vote Rick O'Ne

Discussions of what any "conflicts of interest" in town. Business owners involved in town politics and not disclosing facts such as this, etc.

Postby duffyhouse on Sun Jul 29, 2001 4:33 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abbot:
Just reading my Tewks. Advocate, page 4, July 26, 2001.

Selectmen make their annual appointments.

It says that incumbent Gail Perdicaro lost a seat on the Conservation Commission. She was an aggressive member who publicly ridiculed the town manager and Attny O'Neill.

[b]GOOD WORK MS. PERDICARO, and thank-you for your efforts in the representation of the people of this town on this board. The very fact that the Selectmen did not reappoint you is a giant message to all of us about where they stand on the priorties of this town.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah-what about the ridicule and nasty comments O'Neil spouts at almost every board meeting?????? Why is there one set of standards for public conduct for a board member (and residents), and another for town employees?????

I too want to commend Gail for not being afraid to speak both her and the public's mind. We need more members like her on board-one with experience and expertise, and a voice for the people.
duffyhouse

Postby LilIodine on Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:02 am

One more question? How many of the Town Employees that were recently upgraded use Mr. O'Neill as their personal attorney. Any relatives in this group. Our School Committee signed raises for the higher ups not too long ago at a "luncheon meeting." This wasn't televised either.
LilIodine

Postby Warrey65 on Sun Jul 29, 2001 6:22 am

Well put with the flooding taking place in this town. Gail Perdicaro had pictures that she showed of a site that two of the members said was ok. They met with Mr. O'Neill at the site and everything was just hunky dory!
We heard this one before. So now she is gone. The developers fines were lifted.

Sounds like the Nazis trying to say there was no HOLOCAST.

Originally posted by Duffyhouse:
b]GOOD WORK MS. PERDICARO, and thank-you for your efforts in the representation of the people of this town on this board. The very fact that the Selectmen did not reappoint you is a giant message to all of us about where they stand on the priorties of this town.

ONE PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS.
Warrey65

Postby RogerHouston on Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:22 am

How ironic that at the same Board meeting at which O'Neill was reappointed, Gail Perdicaro was not. Gail was outspoken and sometimes controversial, but she always had the best interests of the town at heart. I've lived here for just under 2 years, but it hasn't taken me long to see that there is obviously an 'old-boy' network firmly entrenched here. When people like Gail Perdicaro speak up and confront lackeys like O'Neill, the 'powers-that-be' will squelch that individual at their first opportunity.
THANK YOU GAIL PERDICARO. YOU WILL BE MISSED.
RogerHouston

Postby duffyhouse on Sun Jul 29, 2001 7:47 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RogerHouston:
I've lived here for just under 2 years, but it hasn't taken me long to see that there is obviously an 'old-boy' network firmly entrenched here. When people like Gail Perdicaro speak up and confront lackeys like O'Neill, the 'powers-that-be' will squelch that individual at their first opportunity.
THANK YOU GAIL PERDICARO. YOU WILL BE MISSED.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there will be a few more seats opening up on ConCom, and one each on PB and Selectmen next Spring...hint, hint...
duffyhouse

Postby swamper on Mon Jul 30, 2001 9:03 am

Let me add my thanks to the list of Ms. Perdicaro supporters on a job well done. IMO the only ConCom member with enough backbone to put that ever-arrogant O'Neill in his place! You will be missed Gail! Notice who had no trouble at all getting re-appointed for another THREE years... Mr. Folta who seems to always make "Mary homeowner" jump through hoops over a relocated septic tank before he gives his approval, yet has no problem rubber-stamping things involving the big developers right on through! The fact that he did not "see" anything wrong with that site and felt the imposed fines should be rescinded for the ever-whining developers is proof of this joke! Wake up!! A picture is worth a thousand words and GAIL had the photos to prove it! Any wonder why she didn't get re-appointed? "They" don't like people who continually "rock the boat"! An interesting point of information is the fact that "we" actually took the time to write a letter to "our" Board of Selectmen when these reappointments were pending to give Gail a well-deserved "pat on the back" and "our" recommendation for her reappointment, citing her many qualities and dedication to important ConCom issues, a definite asset to the board. Guess that one "fell on deaf ears" huh? I'm "sure" the issue had already been pre-decided anyhow.... status quo for this town! Time and again our opinions as taxpaying citizens of Tewksbury continue to be blatantly ignored/disregarded by "OUR" town officials while squelching those who truly do represent the voice of the people. Let your voice be heard and come election time we WILL remember and vote accordingly! And as always... EVERY VOTE COUNTS !!
swamper

Postby RogerHouston on Mon Jul 30, 2001 10:49 am

Swamper, since you already wrote a letter to the Selectmen, how would you feel about writing a Letter to the Editor for both local papers? Along the lines of "Thank you Gail Perdicaro for a job well done" and then list those qualities, etc. that you already have from your Selectmen's letter. I'll bet you could get a hundred people to sign it (I could get 12 signatures on my street alone). Just a thought, but a letter like that with dozens of signatures on it would certainly get someone's attention.
RogerHouston

Postby swamper on Mon Jul 30, 2001 1:13 pm

RH... thanks for the input, I will take that into consideration. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
swamper

Postby tigerchief on Mon Jul 30, 2001 1:27 pm

There is NO DOUBT about it.............

I heard from a townie about six weeks ago that Gail would not be reappointed.......
A damn shame too, Gail, thanks for a job well done......
Folks, the Selectmen hold the key.........they control the various boards as well as deciding Cressman's fate.

Get rid of the Selectmen, then get rid of Cressman....................only then, will the town be returned to the people!!!
tigerchief

Postby RogerHouston on Mon Jul 30, 2001 1:38 pm

OK tigerchief, I agree. But where do we find candidates willing to run?
RogerHouston

Postby tigerchief on Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:00 pm

During the recent Land Swap topic, there seemed to be more than a few caring and honest voices from both sides of the issue.
Maybe, some of those individuals will come forward with political aspirations.

I once thought John Ryan had the qualities necessary to shake up the good ole boy network, but in my opinion has become self serviant and plays both sides of an issue.

In my memory, the only Selectmen that truly had regard for the voice of the people was Tom Camara. He was made to look the fool and subsequently run out of town.

The group in those seats now are a bunch of self serving, pompous asses who could care less for what's best for the town.
Until they are knocked out of office, the voice of the people is doomed. These guy's just don't give a damn!!!!!
tigerchief

Postby JimDandy on Mon Jul 30, 2001 2:44 pm

I would also like to congratulate and thank Gail Perdicaro for having the courage to ask questions and to attempt to make people follow the law. God knows that most of the Commission's members take most applicants' words to be like Moses' when he came down from the mountain. I think that Steve Deackoff will make a good and caring addition to the Commission, though I wish it could have been in combination with Gail rather than as a replacement for her. The Selectmen are letting this town down no end, from their lack of leadership on the land swap issue (chiming in only with a "dead of night" vote of support), their lack of support for the growth management by-law, their continued appointment of Jabba the Hut as the town's labor counsel when he consistently shows his total lack of respect for town officals and townspeople, and their disregard for our wetlands with their refusal to reappoint Gail Perdicaro. Lapdogs, the whole bunch of them.
JimDandy

Postby Abbot on Wed Aug 01, 2001 3:22 am

Very well said, tiger and Jim!

Now, what do we do about it?
Abbot

Postby tigerchief on Wed Aug 01, 2001 5:07 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abbot:
Very well said, tiger and Jim!

Now, what do we do about it?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure, but I have an idea.
The Tewksbury Citizens for Planned Growth committee are developing into an entity with recognition and strength.......

Possibly members within that circle have political aspirations and a platform which could be supported by the organization.....

Remember, a 20 year old cashier at the Texaco Station in town threw a scare into incumbents Gill and Coldwell without doing any capaigning during the last elections.... It seems obvious the people are looking for a change, what we need are candidates.

It seems to me, the same group of well intended outspoken citizens can be found at Selectmen's, Planning Board, ZBA, Conservation and Finance Committee meetings.

Their efforts are intended to influence what they consider to be right and what is best for the town.
More times than not, their time and efforts are for not.........due to the fact that they are not the ultimate decision makers nor the persons who appointed the decision makers.

The only way these shenanigans will stop is to shake things at the top.
Until that happens, everything will remain status quo.
tigerchief

Postby AnneW on Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:08 am

tigerchief,
I think, your absolutely right in what your saying. Until, there is some other control in a position(s) of power in this town it is status quo as things are now. Something I find of the immense bad and truly tragic. I don't see any current efforts changing that much unfortunately. Even worthy contributions currently going forward all will end up subject to TPTB sooner or later. From my point of view, the processes of these efforts are tainted by them as well already. This forum is the only exception for the good I can think of that has stood.

However, while the people you suggested here/also some named elsewhere on this forum have my respect for their intelligence, their strengths, their beliefs, and their efforts--I don't believe yet they are ready to HOLD THE LINE for what good is left of Tewksbury, or it's future.
AnneW

Previous

Return to Conflicts of Interest