ethics

Discussions of what any "conflicts of interest" in town. Business owners involved in town politics and not disclosing facts such as this, etc.

ethics

Postby Pete on Mon Oct 01, 2001 4:15 pm

In the future, the most important career skill will be a lack of ethics.

- Scott Adams, creator of the cartoon character Dilbert
Pete

ethics

Postby Disgusted on Wed Oct 03, 2001 4:27 am

Hey Pete, great quote...anybody go to town meeting last night...either the school dept really messed up their budget..or we got taken for one giant ride....either way, what a bunch of a**h***s.
Disgusted

ethics

Postby tigerchief on Wed Oct 03, 2001 6:17 am

Disgusted............it appears the School Dept messed up their budget.....and what a time to find out!!!

Roughly 600 tax payers show up to debate the issues and we're fed a vague excuse for having to return in a month......lame, just lame!!!

I really enjoyed the house number Article, kind of made me feel I was in Mayberry along with Andy, Barney and the gang.....one question though.......am I able to have a four inch black number on my black house????
tigerchief

ethics

Postby Loukiedes on Thu Oct 04, 2001 12:47 am

The street number article was the joke of the evening. Talk about much ado about nothing. What a joke, by the time they both got through butchering their own article, they didn't even know themselves what it was about.
Loukiedes

ethics

Postby tigerchief on Thu Oct 04, 2001 7:28 am

You ain't kidding.......to spend a half hour discussing that bull.....and they still didn't get the Bylaw right.....nowhere does the bylaw state that I can't put black numbers on a black house or white numbers on a white house!!!!
tigerchief

ethics

Postby krauseo on Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:28 am

Why do we legislate common sense anyway? If someone is too stupid or stubborn to put their house number on their house, then too bad if the fire engine drives by when they're choking on a hot dog. Half a dozen people stated at the meeting that the law has never been enforced--why bother having it in either its new form or its old one? It's still not going to get enforced. I think it's great that the committee wants to help save lives, but people have to take a little responsibility for themselves.
krauseo

ethics

Postby tigerchief on Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:39 am

Keith..........it's just another example of to much government at the expense of Civil Rights......ie, seatbelts, helmets...all good ideas, but isssues where one used to have a chose.
Soon the Health Dept will be issuing fines to those amongst us who neglect to brush their teeth on a daily basis.
tigerchief

ethics

Postby tigerchief on Thu Oct 04, 2001 8:43 am

Also, I for one, would much rather see the
Town Clerk put some effort into putting the towns public business onto a website than worry about creating a fine structure for missing house numbers!!!!
tigerchief

ethics

Postby angel68 on Sat Oct 06, 2001 10:50 am

Am I the only one who saw this decoy? Kuddos to town mgmt planning! Wynn goes first. Doesn't matter if they won, it's easier to bus out the elderly and all others who don't want it to the polls on a saturday! They've 12 hours for individuals to find 2 minutes to vote. Why not? Better than sitting in town meeting on those hard seats! Ploy 2: Table all the other articles that brought the other majority of the crowd out. That way, less opposition when it comes to trying to slide those others on in. Ploy 3: Incase all else fails, let's argue about HOUSE NUMBERS for 30 minutes! If that didn't push the majority of what was left of a dwindling crowd, nothing would. Kuddo's for the gr8 plan! Worked for me!

As for the house number thing, give me a break! The whole committee can go volunteer all the time they have now since the streets have all been re named and the town can collect more revenues from lack of house numbers to helping in the schools. Read books to the kids in rooms with no aids. Help out in some of the school's library's that are not open to kids due to lack of funding. Read to the poor kids who are stuck in the cafeterias for 20-30 minutes while waiting for the buses to return because there was no money there either. Serve soup to the elderly or sing them songs in the nursing homes and hospitals. But for Godsake, don't make this town look anymore rediculous by debating over house numbers. Like seatbelts, good hygeine, and safe sex, the only ones their hurting are themselves. So go help someone who is asking and needing the help!
Phew!
angel68

Return to Conflicts of Interest