WCAP this AM

Discussions of what any "conflicts of interest" in town. Business owners involved in town politics and not disclosing facts such as this, etc.

WCAP this AM

Postby duffyhouse on Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by swamper:
Nice job Doug did on the show this morning... held his own and even managed to plug Tewksbury Issues address 2 or 3 times! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it was good press for this website-thank you Doug for mentioning it more than once and trying to make Anthes understand that the site has done more in keeping people on top of the issues in town than any other outlet.

And, George Anthes thinks that only people who don't have the guts to "come out" in public use websites like these-that only radio shows like his are the only legitimate source of public debate.

Yeah right-I only know of one person that listens to WCAP regularly. That is why I don't think it is worth STOMP's time and effort to be guests on that show. The only time that I ever listen to WCAP is (like this am), when someone calls me to tell me to turn it on to hear so & so from Tewksbury, or that they are talking about Tewksbury.
duffyhouse

WCAP this AM

Postby dougsears on Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:09 pm

Tiger:

You're not even interested in the results of the autopsy?

Doug
dougsears

WCAP this AM

Postby bferrari on Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:27 am

So George Anthes is an admitted "computer illiterate" and then says that posters on this website are "hiding" and "afraid to come out in public" ???

Ol' Georgie boy, who will allow people to "come out in public" without putting their own spin on it? The Lowell Sun?? Nope. Please do tell, you are as politically connected as the rest.

Just more political double-babble to fill a radio talk show. I'm not hiding, here I am.
bferrari
Site Admin

WCAP this AM

Postby news on Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:30 pm

bferrari

what does 'bloviate' mean ?
news

WCAP this AM

Postby bferrari on Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:43 pm

To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner: “the rural Babbitt who bloviates about ‘progress’ and ‘growth’â€￾ (George Rebeck).
bferrari
Site Admin

WCAP this AM

Postby kakd on Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:45 pm

Marie Sweeney is a liar. I called her months ago when 2 people told me that they spoke with people who attended neighborhood meetings she held. She was telling people that the Mills ramp proposal was the best one for Jennie's Way. When I asked her if she said it, she said she didn't. When I asked her who she was working for, she said nobody, "I am not getting paid, I am just helping out". I didn't believe it for a second. It was later made public that she was in fact being paid to promote the mall. I listened to her on WCAP one morning talking about the mall and found it very dishonest that she did not reveal that she was being paid to promote the mall.
kakd

WCAP this AM

Postby swamper on Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:01 pm

Now tell us how you REALLY feel, Kim! ...lol [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] BTW...welcome back! [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]
swamper

WCAP this AM

Postby I B E W on Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:52 pm

Where do you find this WCAP it sounds very informative?
I B E W

WCAP this AM

Postby tigerchief on Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:54 pm

980 on the AM dial.....6 to 9 AM.....maybe 10 AM???
tigerchief

Previous

Return to Conflicts of Interest