STILL TWEAKING CHARTER

Discussions about upcoming warrant arcticles or anything else related to Town Meeting.

Re: STILL TWEAKING CHARTER

Postby Zeebamom on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:00 am

Thanks for the answers to my question. I will be watching the rerun.
Zeebamom

Postby bferrari on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:51 am

This "issue" didn't exist until the Charter committee made it one and took on a life of its own. There's an old business saying: "Find a need and fill it." Well the Charter committee went way beyond it to this other saying: "Create a need and fill it.".

Scott Wilson quote: ""I think that’s a good thing for the residents," said Wilson. "A lot of residents that I've talked to have said they want to have their say.""

Well then where were they? 2 showed up supporting this Charter at the two public meetings. Many many many more showed up against it. I thought the people did have their say.

I find it the ultimate irony that suddenly, they want to hear everyone's voice, before they ultimately silence them.
bferrari
Site Admin

Postby Little Willie on Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Ron thanks for the reply I did not slander your name and if you took it as that, then I apologize. Just was wondering why all the last minute changes and you answered it thanks
Little Willie

Passive Agressive commentary by a few people....

Postby bferrari on Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:20 pm

The article from the patch has drawn a few "players" out of the woodwork. Proof positive that TI is doing what it set out to do back in April 2000.. getting people involved. Some people get angry because of TI.. that's good. It means that those people are involved at least. They may be on the wrong side of an issue, but that doesn't matter. They are involved and being engaged.

BillVill was involved in our little fiasco a few weeks back about a message being deleted and multiple users same person making such accusations. It is refreshing that TI gets so much acknowledgement.

Jim Wentworth, where is there some data suggesting that people are "disenchanted with TI" ? You've made a few comments like that on the Patch comments sections but I don't know from where the data comes from.

The Patch is a real newspaper, TI is a discussion board. Glad we are both part of the community and thanks for all the emails of support!
bferrari
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Town Meeting