May 2013 Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrant Matrix

Discussions about upcoming warrant arcticles or anything else related to Town Meeting.

May 2013 Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrant Matrix

Postby krauseo on Fri May 03, 2013 9:53 pm

Good evening,

I have posted an informational matrix describing the articles for next week's Annual and Special Town Meetings.

You can download the document at: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5TNp3u ... sp=sharing

For each article, the document contains a short description, the sponsor, comments, the required vote for adoption, and recommendations voted by town boards.

I hope voters find it helpful, and I look forward to a good turnout both nights next week.

Keith Rauseo
Town Moderator
krauseo

Re: May 2013 Annual and Special Town Meeting Warrant Matrix

Postby sean_czarniecki on Sat May 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Great information - Thanks, Keith!
sean_czarniecki

Postby swamper on Mon May 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks, Keith.....above and beyond per usual! 8)
swamper

Postby bferrari on Tue May 07, 2013 7:51 am

Another year... another 340,000 dollars worth of overtime.

Why should the Firemen Union agree to a new contract when they can jump on the overtime bandwagon. As long as residents and of course the special interest continue to not see the forest through the trees, and continue to apply this bandaid, this will continue ad infinitum.

Of course childish behaviour and comments in the crowd by many of them near the latter half of the "discussion" on Article 4 certainly didn't help sway my decision for them. Really? These are the people that first respond in emergencies? Absolutely NOT the people depicted on TV on a day to day basis....

I agree with Johnson, WIlson, Sears, and Gay that all the firehouses need to be kept open but with a legit contract in place.
Kudos to Mr Rauseo, our Town Moderator, for controlling an at times unruly group of people.

Town workers are complaining about getting a 0% raise every year??? The private sector has taken cuts in salary, and benefits, and we will only have a non-existent Social Security to rely on by the time the upper 40-year-olds retire.

Tewksbury is ranked in the TOP 20 for tax burden in the state of MA... for what I ask? We need to live within our means and we are not.
bferrari
Site Admin

Postby swamper on Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 pm

One of my peeves was the boo-ing cat calls and TRASH left over in that section of the bleachers on my way out! Dunkin Donuts cups etc. when it clearly states WATER ONLY allowed in the gym on the sign on the door on your way in? REALLY???? C'mon guys, this is a BRAND NEW FACILITY and you act like pigs...your mothers aren't there to pick up after you....GEESH! Great job by the moderator keeping people in line even certain former Town Treasurers! Had to laugh at that one! :wink:
swamper

Return to Town Meeting