Where's the dress code?

This forum is for discussion of the Junior High School.

Where's the dress code?

Postby joan_f_arc on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

If kids with 'sayings' that are inappropriate are sent home/office to change, then those who show up with short shorts and skirts (or lack there of) should also be sent home. This is not only distracting to the other students, but having male staff at stairways when these young ladies are going up and down them in this type of clothing is a bit concerning.

And if you're the parent of this fashionably styled child, you may want to tell them thongs are not good undergarments for use with short shorts and skirts.
Let Freedom Ring...for we all need the wide open spaces our forefathers fought for
joan_f_arc

Re: Where's the dress code?

Postby U8Coach on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:04 am

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!!

Are you saying that we as parents have the ability to control what our children wear to school and thus have some influence over their apperance?

Who knew?

Please people, your kids have plenty of friends, they need you to be a PARENT.
U8Coach

Postby ELLE on Mon May 04, 2009 6:23 am

There doesn't seem to be much enforcement of dress code. Last time I was there several girls were wearing flip-flops, also not allowed. Two walked up to the office with morning notes, nobody said anything.
ELLE

Postby busybody on Mon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm

As far as I can see, the dress code is not enforced at North Street, Trahan, Wynn, and High School. Girls wear flip flops, which are not allowed. Don't get me started on the way girls dress at the upper grades.
busybody

Postby Tiff on Tue May 05, 2009 6:54 am

I get it for the younger kids but for middle school and high school kids I always thought the no flip flops thing was stupid. Now - a - days most girl's wear flip flops. As far as the actual clothing goes that's another story.
Tiff

Postby joan_f_arc on Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 pm

My 'issue' with the flip-flop is that the 'shoe' it self replicates the total outfit!...everything out in the open
Let Freedom Ring...for we all need the wide open spaces our forefathers fought for
joan_f_arc

Postby joan_f_arc on Tue May 05, 2009 11:46 pm

My 'issue' with the flip-flop is that the 'shoe' it self replicates the total outfit!...everything out in the open
As far as the flip-flop being fashionable footwear, in some countries that's the main shoe...didn't Jesus wear flip-flops?
joan_f_arc

Postby Marka68 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:58 am

I love wearing best Mesh Cut Out Leggings along with comfy t-shirts for workout and very happy to find them online at such decent prices. Planning to buy these elegant leggings for my mom and cousin too. They will definitely love them.
Marka68

Postby badronald on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:47 am

What a horribly sexist post. I am ashamed.
badronald

Return to Wynn Middle School