Please Postpone The Election

Discuss candidate issues on any pending race for Selectman, Planning Board, Conservation Committee, Town Clerk, etc.

Please Postpone The Election

Postby Harry on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:35 pm

With the weather its too dangerous to ask people to head to the polls. Heavy snow and unplowed roads won't work. It should be postponed 1 week.

I would hope the Town would see the wisdom in this.
Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Re: Please Postpone The Election

Postby Tewksbury2001 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:01 pm

It is my understanding that the rules do not allow for a postponement. It is not an option.
Tewksbury2001

Postby swamper on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:33 am

FYI..... for people who can't get to the polls due to weather issues Selectman candidate Jay Kelly's family is offering rides. This is from the Redmen FB page:

Mary Kinnon Kelly

Tomorrow please go to the polls and vote for Jay Kelly. Every vote counts. Seniors or people who can't get out please call or text me at (978) 930-3894. We will get you there.

And from a Council on Aging member, a similar offer for senior citizens:

Joan Unger Harmon

The seniors are being contacted and rides have been organized for those that need them. Have them call 978-851-6296 or 978-851-3297 before 2:00PM tomorrow. Hopefully the roads will be cleared by then. Rides are planned from 2 to 7.
swamper

Postby Clorox on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:10 am

Delaney said "I am looking forward to approving some projects to get some tax relief for the town". All of you who wanted to control development this is what you got. He is a tool of the developers.

Kelly said "the town has spoken. the time is not right for these projects DPW and town center time are tough." Interest rates are low and the market it reaching new highs and unemployment is lower than ever. When would be a good time?
Clorox

Postby Harry on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 am

Clorox wrote:Delaney said "I am looking forward to approving some projects to get some tax relief for the town". All of you who wanted to control development this is what you got. He is a tool of the developers.

Kelly said "the town has spoken. the time is not right for these projects DPW and town center time are tough." Interest rates are low and the market it reaching new highs and unemployment is lower than ever. When would be a good time?

Had the weather not intervened the turnout would have been higher for sure. Delaney would not have been elected. He won by 20 votes. Many have forgotten, or never knew, about the 2010 conflict of interest dismissal as both electrician and electrical inspector. I still say its a direct conflict of interest to allow contractors to hold a seat on the planning board and then allowed to vote on projects where they work for, or have worked for, the builder involved. Its just a matter of time before this backfires.

Glad Kelly won.

Don't believe the fire station would have carried the day had the weather been good.
Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Postby swamper on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Harry, my friend :wink: .....I agree with you 100%! SO glad you brought up Delaney's checkered past....unfortunately, people either have short memories or I'm sure MANY weren't even living here at that time. The fact that he was even RUNNING is a sad statement for this town. I saw him kabitzing with Scarano at the last PB mtg. which is enough for me....one sleeze to another. I do agree if the turnout had been higher Joe Cobuccio would have taken it.....the fact that a newbie came within 20 votes of a well known townie (for good or bad) speaks volumes. I wish he would ask for a re-count. As for BOS, I am THRILLED Jay Kelly won....Panaliatis burned his own bridges and sealed his own fate. He was running scared, even putting a separate flyer with all his endorsements (big wigs) in the Town Crier this week. Smelled of desperation. Guess his arrogance came back to bite him in the a**. Oh well! :twisted: He'd BETTER be removed from the committees he's on as BOS rep. per the Sun article. If he wants to continue to be on a committee he'll have to go through the same process we lowly citizens do WHEN there's an opening. As for the ballot questions....... I can 'live' with the fire station but am SO glad the others got shot down. The people have spoken.
swamper

Postby Harry on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:19 pm

swamper wrote:Harry, my friend :wink: .....I agree with you 100%! SO glad you brought up Delaney's checkered past....unfortunately, people either have short memories or I'm sure MANY weren't even living here at that time. The fact that he was even RUNNING is a sad statement for this town. I saw him kabitzing with Scarano at the last PB mtg. which is enough for me....one sleeze to another. I do agree if the turnout had been higher Joe Cobuccio would have taken it.....the fact that a newbie came within 20 votes of a well known townie (for good or bad) speaks volumes. I wish he would ask for a re-count. As for BOS, I am THRILLED Jay Kelly won....Panaliatis burned his own bridges and sealed his own fate. He was running scared, even putting a separate flyer with all his endorsements (big wigs) in the Town Crier this week. Smelled of desperation. Guess his arrogance came back to bite him in the a**. Oh well! :twisted: He'd BETTER be removed from the committees he's on as BOS rep. per the Sun article. If he wants to continue to be on a committee he'll have to go through the same process we lowly citizens do WHEN there's an opening. As for the ballot questions....... I can 'live' with the fire station but am SO glad the others got shot down. The people have spoken.

Hello Swamp! When I voted around 3pm it was quiet, I wasn't sure what to expect. I always knew about Delaney's past. I was torn about posting it prior to the election. In the end I didn't want to be the James Comey of Tewksbury Issues. I would have preferred Delaney to have understood in the first place he should have not run.

I can live with the Fire Station in the end. If I could have been King for a day I would have built a large Central Station closing South. I would have offered the State the land at the South Station to add a turning lane onto Salem and 38 in exchange for the State land to the left of the Library, at the never used grown in ball field. I would concede the North St station as staying open. I would then remodel the Center Fire station for the DPW offices and staff and be done with it.

So, we'll see what will be proposed for the new school going forward. That's gonna be a rather large number. Of course that's why they wanted the fire station vote first. :wink:
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Postby swamper on Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Sound ideas, Harry....so when are you running? LOL :wink:

OMG! Scroll down on this article and check out the video! This guy looks like he's lucky to string two sentences together never mind make important decisions!! Joe Cobuccio should ask for a re-count! Heaven help us all! :roll:

http://www.yourtewksburytoday.com/2017/ ... es-videos-
swamper

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:15 am

Delaney is a hack and everyone here who has pointed out that people's short memories make it possible for snakes like him to make a return are absolutely right; a very disappointing outcome. Panilaitis's defeat was a really wonderful thing! Bruce, if you are reading this: You got trounced! You got lapped, son! Now go lick your authoritarian wounds and stay out of public life. (Knowing this town though, in ten years he'll be back.)
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby Clorox on Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:11 pm

ok but Kelly thinks The Donald will be fixing the DPW. Um, Really? If that is his finance background then maybe he will tell us where the leprechaun keeps his pot of gold?
Clorox

Postby elfling8 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:58 am

Clorox wrote:ok but Kelly thinks The Donald will be fixing the DPW.

Yeah, I'm sure he'll get right on that. Delusional.
elfling8

Postby towniegirl on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:34 am

elfling8 wrote:

Just like Obama got right on handing us the largest national debt explosion ever.
towniegirl

Postby Harry on Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:32 pm

towniegirl wrote:
elfling8 wrote:

Just like Obama got right on handing us the largest national debt explosion ever.

The day President Obama took office the National Debt stood at 10.626 Trillion Dollars

The day President Trump took office the National Debt stood at 19.949 Trillion Dollars
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Return to Town Board Election Forum