Technology at the new high school?

This forum is for discussion of the High School and related issues.

Technology at the new high school?

Postby borntorundave on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Sort of a random question here...

I work in the data networking field and would love to volunteer any time/cycles/effort to discussing options for networking in the new high school. I don't even know if this is a pertinent option with the new school since I haven't seen any info germane to this on any sites.

I've seen/heard of horror stores of other towns getting screwed by consulting/contracting companies and ending up with a horrible solution and overpaying as well.

I've done it all from CLEC/ISP to financial services to currently working at a university.

As a Tewksbury tax payer I'd love to help however possible and I can share more information via PM.

Thanks

Edit: I was implying that if there were others in the same boat willing to help, maybe a group of us could meet as a advisory group? Just brainstorming...
borntorundave

Re: Technology at the new high school?

Postby Tech mom on Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Hope someone listens to you!! Sounds like you have skills that could be used!
Tech mom

Postby borntorundave on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Tech mom wrote:Hope someone listens to you!! Sounds like you have skills that could be used!

I should have mentioned that this type of consortium should not be limited to the new TMHS - it's just that when you have a 'greenfield' like this opportunity, it's rare and should be taken advantage of from all angles.

Ideally people in a community should support all schools from a technological point of view.....
borntorundave

Postby RHall on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:44 am

borntorundave, There is a Computer Study Committee that was created by the Board of Selectmen. Sounds like you might be a good addition to this committee. You should contact the Selectmen's office at town Hall for more information.
RHall

Return to Tewksbury Memorial High School