Boys and Girls Club Open Discussion

Discuss Boys and Girls Club issues.

Postby Ratman on Tue Nov 19, 2002 4:02 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tigerchief:
Where are the proponents and opponents of the Boys and Girls Club?

This sites Administrator, was kind enough to create this forum for the purpose of creating a mechanism to voice your opinions to the Boys and Girls Club Steering Committee.....[b]LET'S HEAR IT!!!
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Mr Paterson, by the looks of him on local cable needs to start using some of the town's recreation facilities himself...and as far as the need for a Boys and girls club is concerned of course he is going to say "THE TOWN" DOESN'T need a club he dosen't want to loose cushy job and town vehicle...etc.....It is a disgrace what the own has done to the grassroots committee that spearheaded the Boys club issue only to have the rug pulled out from under their feet with this Fatterson...errr paterson guy...what a role model for the youngsters in Mayberry to look up to......good bye and good riddence
Ratman

Postby tigerchief on Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:40 pm

ratman....first of all, nice alias!!!...and may I add seemingly deserving!!!!......

Nothing happened to the original committee, the original committe's Chairperson is still a member of the steering committee.....

To date the Boys & Girls Club steering committee has met on three occasions.....

Once at the police station in order to hear proposals from the Billerica and Lowell Boys & Girls Clubs.....again, last Friday afternoon to tour the Billerica facilities and Saturday morning in order to tour the Lowell facilities....

Rather than piss and moan about Mr Patterson's girth, why not try to be constructive with your comments and help the committee understand where people such as yourself feel there is a need to affiliate with a B&G Club........oh, another thing

a Boys and Girls Club in Tewksbury does not mean the end of Mr Patterson's "cushy" job.......he stays either way!!!!.......and so does the "town vehicle" and "Turk" the goose chasing super dog"!!!!
tigerchief

Postby Ratman on Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tigerchief:
This forum has been created in order to provide an avenue for those interested in discussing the pros and cons of a Boys and Girls Club affiliation in Tewksbury....

Members of the Tewksbury steering committee are in the process of attending meetings, entertaining proposals and conducting on site evaluations with representitives of the Lowell and Billerica's Boys and Girls Clubs....

Information from this forum may help the steering committee in deciding the proper direction for Tewksbury with regards to this matter....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Tell the truth....the steering committee, with Mr Fatterson at the wheel is going no where and doin nothing fast. Fatterson , having absolutly no qualifications to be the DIRECTOR of Recreation is a total sham. The real losers "The kids of Tewksbury" being played by a loser in his own right Fatterson...
Ratman

Postby tigerchief on Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:17 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Tell the truth....the steering committee, with Mr Fatterson at the wheel is going no where and doin nothing fast. Fatterson , having absolutly no qualifications to be the DIRECTOR of Recreation is a total sham. The real losers "The kids of Tewksbury" being played by a loser in his own right Fatterson...

sorry rat, your credibility via your comments seems worthless......be honest now, you could give a "rats"azz about "the kids of Tewksbury"....you just want to carry on your personal "cybervendetta" against Mr Patterson......

Well rest assured, I'll be checking in to see if you have anything constructive to say about the "boys and girls club" concept that might help "The Kids of Tewksbury".....thus far, you've offered NOTHING!!!
tigerchief

Postby CostanzaCantstanzya on Tue Dec 31, 2002 7:18 pm

ratman- did you see the last cable news program about the boys and girls club? your Mr Fatterson was on there being interviewed. you are 150% correct! fatterson said that we don't need no boys and girls club. these people are dreaming if they think he's going to let that in this town. you know why? then they'll find out he is not qualified.

george
CostanzaCantstanzya

Postby tigerchief on Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:13 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CostanzaCantstanzya:
ratman- did you see the last cable news program about the boys and girls club? your Mr Fatterson was on there being interviewed. you are 150% correct! fatterson said that we don't need no boys and girls club. these people are dreaming if they think he's going to let that in this town. you know why? then they'll find out he is not qualified.

george
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey George......

Along with "Mr Fatterson", I also don't see the merits in aligning with a Boys and Girls Club for the town of Tewksbury....

Rather than taking pot shots, maybe you could point out what me and "Mr Fatterson" are missing....
tigerchief

Postby CostanzaCantstanzya on Fri Jan 03, 2003 7:16 pm

The B & G club committee was gracious when Fatterson took over the ropes. Now they can surely see that his intensions were to NEVER have a B & G club in this town. Their work came to a halt when they TRUSTED him to take over the committee's goal of a club for the kids. The committee members got the nasty end of the stick and, by now, they really know what it is like to try to do the right thing in this town, its like spitin' into the wind. NASTY

george costanza
CostanzaCantstanzya

Postby Ratman on Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:58 pm

George thanks for looking at this situation with "OPEN EYES" tigercheif is obviously a fatman fan and tries to distort the "TRUTH".... the rec man can continue to do the boys and girls of Mayberry a dis-service.... as long as he is allowed to... good riddence... long live sienfeld.
Ratman

Postby dan_mazik on Mon Mar 24, 2003 1:47 am

It is my understanding that there will be a public forum this Tuesday night, March 25, at 7 PM at Town Hall at which the Boys and Girls Club steering committee will discuss its findings.
dan_mazik

Postby tigerchief on Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:50 pm

concenedparent.......nobody outside the membership of the steering committee showed up at last nights public forum....

The steering committee concluded their efforts with regards to a Tewksbury Boys and Girls club affiliation ....

The committee evaluated the youth services presently offered by various organizations within Tewksbury and determined that an affiliation with the Boys and Girls was not required.....

Their conclusions and recommendations were forwarded to the Town Manager....
tigerchief

Postby concernedparent on Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dan_mazik:
It is my understanding that there will be a public forum this Tuesday night, March 25, at 7 PM at Town Hall at which the Boys and Girls Club steering committee will discuss its findings.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone attend this forum? Interested in steering committee's findings and what happens next.
concernedparent

Postby tigerchief on Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:53 pm

ratman.......did the webmaster have to come in and delete another one of your immature disgusting say nothing posts?????
tigerchief

Postby kerri on Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:18 pm

i am not choosing between boys club or our teen center..the tewksbury youth center/teen center is the tewksbury youth's building..it does not belong to town manager to use as a municpal building for any town department as he has in the past..it is not for teens from other towns to use..it was built with private funds and given to the teens of tewksbury...check the minutes..town meetings 1973
kerri

Postby magrn89 on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:45 pm

I just found this post.....I know it is very old, but maybe some new info or comments.....

I have actually been thinking that tewksbury does need a public/some place to go for pool activities. I have lived in Tewkbury for 40 years and my family many more, I now have a three year old and I have to take her into the Lowell Boys/girls club for swimming lessons (Pool school plus; great program), but need to bring somthing like this to Tewksbury for OUR kids to enjoy, what the heck, maybe there building one in the senior center!!! OOps did I say that!!!!
Really, our little kids need someplace to go, something to do, and stay in town!!!!! I just wish I had the money/investor to open up a preschool/toddler/younger school age children FUN PLACE!!! Oh well fancy dreaming
Im sure there are many families in town who could benefit from a town pool...and of course with the water rates now, how can one afford to fill there pool every summer??????
just my simple opinion.
magrn89

Postby jules2 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:38 pm

Re-reading all these old and new posts about the B&G club committee. Has this been tabled? My family utilizes the B&G club in Billerica and have had a good experience. It in NO way compares to the Rec. Center and once it is redone, it will be even better. Lots of great programs for kids, a decent pool area, inexpensive membership fee and a nice indoor area for sports and crafts( the rec center has no large indoor gym area unless using the high school). The current B&G club in Billerica is a great place for swimming lessons if you are looking for someplace. My kids love it and it was a pleasant experience for my son who was a bit skiddish in the water when he started lessons.
jules2

PreviousNext

Return to Boys & Girls Club Committee