GOP4TEWKSBURY -- CANDIDATES

Discussions of general legislativetopics

Postby GOP4TEWKSBURYNOW on Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:59 am

TEWKSBURY'S ERIK A. ELDRACHER RUNS TO BE OUR REPRESENTATIVE FROM PRECINCTS 3 AND 3A

CANDIDATE FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE
17th Essex:

Andover: (Essex) Precincts 2, 3; 4, 5, 6, and 9
Lawrence: (Essex) Precincts 1 and 2 of Ward D, Precincts 1 and 4 of Ward E
Tewksbury: (Middlesex) - Precincts 3 and 3A

PERSONAL BACKGROUND:

• Resident of Tewksbury since 1969

• Married for 13 years to Melanie and the proud father of two school-aged children

EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:

• Graduate of Tewksbury Memorial High School

• BS Engineering, Wentworth Institute of Technology.

• MS Management, Lesley College

PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND:

• Founded Elaniem Corporation (1994) in Andover, MA; providing advice, services, and technology to small businesses ranging in size from 1-25 employees

• Worked in the semiconductor and telecommunications industries for: BTU Engineering, New England Telephone, Telesector Resources Group, and NYNEX Corporation

An Agenda for Reform!

In 2002, the people of Massachusetts voted overwhelmingly for Mitt Romney, his ideas, and a reform agenda. Beacon Hill insiders have made themselves clear — reform is not "their" agenda. For them, the bureaucratic status quo is good enough and the will of the people does not apply.

Erik Eldracher does not believe this is true. He worked in large and small corporations to cut expenses, increase efficiencies, and solve tough problems. Since the incumbents cannot get the job done; it is time for them to step aside.

Governor Mitt Romney and Erik Eldracher want to work together to eliminate government waste and inefficiencies. Massachusetts is a great place to live and worth our efforts.

PO Box 1108, Andover, MA 01810-0019

thankyou@erik2004.org

(978) 973 8236
GOP4TEWKSBURYNOW

Postby Omniview on Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:51 pm

Lives in Tewksbury with an Andover Post Office Box?

Somehow it reminds me of Charlie "Dracut" Coldwell. Lives in Dracut but yearns to live in Tewksbury....

But only in reverse...

Unlike Mr. Dracut, this candidate probably actually lives in Tewksbury but ... wants to live in Andover? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

If so he should talk to Barry Finegold. He was able to make the transition just fine, and hasn't looked back since.

More things change the more they stay the same....
Omniview

Postby Liza on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:59 am

I went to his kick off meeting. He had alot to say about the current state of affairs and what his vision is. I am very impressed. You can tell he is not starting out as a politician but as someone with a fresh outlook and without the, what's in it for me attitude. I hope that after I vote for him, he won't turn into one of the usual. And I agree that the current incumbents cannot get the job done. Finegold and his beautification of andover program and Tucker dropping the ball on the preservation of Tewksbury state hospital land are just two reasons that these two need to go.

Sort of like walking into a Saturn car dealer where they look to hire people who have not ever been car salespeople as they don't want that jaded crooked car dealer type of person. Erik is a fresh face with a great attitude and even greater ideas. Erik is yet another reason I am greatful I switched parties a few years back! He's got my vote!
Liza

Postby GOP4TEWKSBURYNOW on Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:46 am

LOWELL SUN -- THE COLUMN -- 07/11/2004

ANOTHER OF Gov. Mitt Romney's Republican Reformers has stepped up to the plate.
Tewksbury resident and successful businessman Erik Eldracher is challenging Democratic incumbent state Rep. Barry Finegold for the 17th Essex seat.

The district includes parts of Lawrence, Andover and Tewksbury. Eldracher owns Elaniem Corp, a project management company located in Andover.

When interviewed on Lowell Sunrise WUML 91.5 FM last week, Eldracher didn't hold back.

The challenger made his feelings known about "career politicians," describing them as one of the state's biggest problems.

When challenged and asked if he was willing to accept a term-limits pledge, the successful Republican put his money where his mouth is (and that's a lot of money).
He unequivocally said "yes." Eldracher pledged that if elected, he would not serve more than three terms, or six years.
Eldracher couldn't resist the opportunity to take a poke at U.S. Rep. Marty Meehan: "Unlike him, I'll fulfill my pledge."

Staff reporter Rebecca Piro contributed to The Column this week.
GOP4TEWKSBURYNOW

Postby Josh Lyman on Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:26 pm

Marty, when an idiot and a liar. No kidding when his terms were up he chose not to stand by what he ran for in the first place, term limits. Typical lying liberal.

Go Erik! We are all sure that you will have bigger and better issues than Finegolds (beautification of Andover) plan! At least you are born and raised in Tewksbury. Finally a local boy to represent us !! Hooray!!!!
Josh Lyman

Return to General Legislative Issues