Open Question>> Repeal 40B signs

Discussions of general legislativetopics

Open Question>> Repeal 40B signs

Postby tomasek1000 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:37 am

I have heard through the grapevine that Repeal 40B signs are forthcoming. It's hard with these ballot initiatives because often there is no central funding.

My main question is this- A person suggested to me that a sign that said something like "yes on all three questions" (alcohol tax repeal, sales to 3%, repeal 40B) would be the most effective. Even if you only agreed with one, particularly with 40B it would still make sense because alcohol tax repeal is a no-brainer, 3% will probably fail as many people think it's too much and will rally votes against it, but the majority of the people are going to think "I've never heard of 40B"

If they went in the booth thinking yes-yes-yes it would increase the chances of passing.

Very curious on what the people of this board think.

Thanks!
Formerly Tomasek for Senator, now just Jamison Tomasek
tomasek2010@gmail.com
tomasek1000

Re: Open Question>> Repeal 40B signs

Postby swamper on Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Not sure if you're too late on that suggestion....wouldn't want to confuse the issue having multiple signs unless it's already been discussed? Otherwise you could contact Mr. Belskis.

> From: John Belskis [mailto:j.belskis@verizon.net]
> Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2010 11:58 PM
> To: Post
> Subject: Campaign signs
>
> Who needs a sign?
>
> We anticipate having our initial supply of signs available just before September 1st. I now need to know who wants signs and how many. I know many of you have a lot of support within your neighborhoods and could no doubt put signs on many lawns but I also want you to think about prominent site locations in your respective towns. Heavily trafficked streets are a must for signs. Do you have shops or stores willing to place signs in their windows? Look for sites near the November poll locations. Find neighbors, relatives and friends willing to display our Vote Yes signs. Early Fall brings many large gathering events. Town Days, Fairs, political rallies, fruit picking orchards, etc. We have to find sign locations in their vicinity.
>
> In addition to the lawn signs, we'll need to have a few "construct signs" parties for building signs to be held on election day near the polls. We also want to build some special signs higher than the low lawn signs for places where they need height above fences or walls. For such construction parties I'm looking for locations where one of our member craftsmen have a shop equipped with a table or radial arm saw for preparing sign frames or poles. (We have some design instructions)
>
> Please send a return message as to how many individual's signs are needed. If you are part of a local organization try to get a combined total so we're not spending a fortune on the delivery process.
> Based on your replies we'll try to combine delivery trips to a common location central to a number of individuals or towns.
>
> Shortly we'll be presenting "handouts" for papering parking lots at large volume locations. Most of this type activity will occur closer to election day so we have some time to prepare and organize that type of campaigning.
>
> Send me your orders ASAP and let the campaign begin. We could very well be the first to start displaying vote question signs.
>
>
swamper

Return to General Legislative Issues