George Ferdinand Attacks Michael McCoy.

Virtual Cafe room for all your political news and discussions. Political bashing is highly recommended ;) Nothing like a good ol' New England style debate to warm the soul.

George Ferdinand Attacks Michael McCoy.

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 am

Tewksbury Selectmen candidate George Ferdinand again shows his true (and very strange) colors by attacking the popular Wilmington Selectman, Michael McCoy. McCoy writes a letter to point out the odd and erratic behavior. Worth reading. (Ferdinand reminds me of another Doug Sears.)

https://wilmingtonapple.com/2018/04/01/ ... candidate/
Save Tewksbury Now

Re: George Ferdinand Attacks Michael McCoy.

Postby swamper on Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:10 pm

WHY not to mention 'strange' would you go out of your way to attack a Town Official in A NEIGHBORING TOWN ??? Certainly doesn't do Ferdinand any favors and doesn't bode well for him or his candidacy. Things like this have a way of getting out.
swamper

Postby Save Tewksbury Now on Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Never mind that Ferdinand loves 40b and backs Ryder for Planning Board, who also talks about the value of 40b. Anyone reading this board who is sick of the apartments and traffic and Lowell/Lawrence run-off, these guys want to make it more. Where the hell is Ferdinand from anyway? That’s right. Michigan. Detroit. Yeah, that makes sense. Urban sprawl did wonders there.
Save Tewksbury Now

Postby swamper on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:28 pm

I don't know about Ferdinand but AGAIN, you are DEAD WRONG about Eric Ryder and I can't emphasize that enough! He has already stated that he does not approve of the waivers/in lieu of payments the PB has accepted for years which got us into this 40B mess, is against the atrocity being planned for Astle St., and DOES NOT SUPPORT the 'slip it in the back door' zoning change article proposed for the VFW parcel which if passed at Town Mtg. would apply throughout Town. FYI....adding what would be a NEW zone known as a "Residential Transitional Design Special Permit' which would potentially allow multiple single units on parcels of at least 1.5 acres of contiguous (now R40) land meeting the criteria with only a permit from the Planning Board required. Developers would have a field day with that one! Eric is also the MOST qualified background wise for the position. I only wish he had run against Fowler.

https://www.facebook.com/ericryderforplanningboard/
swamper

Postby Harry on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:17 pm

I think the good residents of Tewksbury have sacrificed enough of this town to the loss of trees, wetlands, open space and the blatant attempt to turn Tewksbury into Lowell. The town has taken 30 pieces of silver far too many times over the 40B scam "in lieu of" BS. It just simply has to stop if Tewksbury is to save itself.

The VFW zoning scam couldn't be a more perfect metaphor of the power of money and corruption.....and the complete lack of concern for those of us who have to live with the consequences. The residents of that area must mobilize and rally for their neighborhood, or lose it. In fact all Tewksbury residents need to stamp out that zoning proposal like the snake in the grass it is.

I ask this in all seriousness, have the residents of Tewksbury had enough?

I believe a sneaky smear campaign is being waged by some here.

If Tewksbury residents have truly had enough, then Eric Ryder will make a fine choice to support.
Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson
Harry

Postby swamper on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:38 am

swamper

Postby jtciampa on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:39 am

Well said Harry. You are 100% right.
jtciampa

Postby Clorox on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:33 am

no one is looking out for the bury
ryder seems to have background that can hlp
no more waivers!!!!!!!
Clorox

Postby bferrari on Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:04 pm

http://homenewshere.com/wilmington_town ... 42a20.html

WILMINGTON — Months after touching off one of the most intensely contested con­troversies in recent local politics, Selectman Michael McCoy makes no apologies.

In exclusive interviews with the Town Crier, McCoy stood by the criticisms and accusations he leveled at the April Town Meeting against former Selectman Michael New­house and current Chair­woman Judith O’Connell.

“Everything I said was ac­curate and honest,” McCoy said.

advertisement
McCoy touched off a fire­storm of controversy at Town Meeting when, while reading an article which would amend and clarify the pro­cess associated with naming new members to the Board of Appeals, he publicly accused Newhouse and O’Connell of threatening Town Manager Jeff Hull’s employment. Per McCoy, this threat was borne out of frustration with that summer’s handling of a controversy surrounding the Board of Appeals process.

All implicated parties stren­uously denied McCoy’s accusations. As the argument raged through the next several Board of Selectmen meeting, a constant refrain from the other Selectmen was why McCoy chose that forum and that method to bring up his accusations, and not any time previously in executive or public session.

“I believe that was Article 41. I thought it was the proper place to bring it up,” McCoy said. “It just wasn’t simple housekeeping. A lot of things happened relative to Article 41 behind the scenes. It was just not simple housekeeping. I’ve been in government a long time, and I’ve seen housekeeping. I know the difference between housekeeping and articles where there is another political element. There was no question to me that it was the appropriate place to bring it up.”

McCoy frequently cites his long career with the Board of Selectmen, going back 27 years. When asked to describe his proudest accomplishment in that time, he places the emphasis on what he described as “constituent services.”

“I get back to people with a question,” he said. “I answer them immediately. When someone has a concern, I make sure I take the time to talk to them.”

McCoy stands by his statement, but maintains that having had his say, he is eager and willing to move forward with the Board of Selectmen onto new business and the governing of the town.

“I did what I did,” McCoy said. “I said what I had to say. I’m moving forward. I’m not going to bring that up unless I need to bring it up or someone else brings it up and I need to talk about it.”

But even with the Selectmen committing to moving forward and not looking back, it was clear in speaking with McCoy that aspects of the debates still rankled him.

At the June 22 Selectmen meeting, both McCoy and O’Connell publicly stated that they were ending the feud and would not address the matter going forward. In a lacerating statement, O’Connell referred to McCoy as “a disingenuous human being.”

She further stated, “I will work with you, but I do not respect you and I do not respect the conduct that you have exhibited during several of these meetings.”

O’Connell concluded by expressing her hope that McCoy would be voted out of office should he seek re-election when his term is up next spring.

advertisement
“In all my years being a member of the Board of Selectmen no one’s ever actually said to me publicly, ‘I hope you lose,’” McCoy said. “I would never say that to a colleague. I think that was downright mean and very unprofessional of her to make those comments.”

“I take responsibility for having said that,” O’Connell said. “I have no ill will towards Mr. McCoy. I don’t want to perpetuate any feud.”

O’Connell declined to speak further on the matter, stating that she intended to focus on the future of the town.

“From my standpoint, we reached a finality with that [matter],” O’Connell said.

McCoy, too, is adamant that his focus is now solely on moving the town into the future. The Facilities Master Plan is still under development, the Yentile Farm Project is moving forward, along with numerous other obstacles and opportunities that Wilmington now faces.

“There’s not a magic credit card out there for us to have,” McCoy said. “We really need to be very careful on how we spend our tax dollars. We need to think of people’s pocket books in this community.”
bferrari
Site Admin

Return to Political Cafe Room