TUITION

This forum is for discussion of the Burke School.

TUITION

Postby Missing something on Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:01 pm

Tuition just increased for next year at the middle school level to $7000!! What are they....nuts???
Missing something

TUITION

Postby duffyhouse on Tue Jan 23, 2001 5:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Missing something:
Tuition just increased for next year at the middle school level to $7000!! What are they....nuts??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you do your homework, as I just did, you would find that most other private schools (NOT church related) are a lot more. Some examples, Knowledge Beginnings=8K, and Meritor Academy= 8,635 for elementary school.
duffyhouse

TUITION

Postby moretpani on Wed Jan 24, 2001 6:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Missing something:
Tuition just increased for next year at the middle school level to $7000!! What are they....nuts??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The answer to your question

YES
moretpani

TUITION

Postby Papi on Wed Feb 21, 2001 4:34 pm

Just running a business. Average per student spending in public schools in this country if $7-8,500. Paid by taxes, state and federal money. It's a private school. Call some of the others like BBN, Pike, Groton Academy

Papi

TUITION

Postby Papi on Wed Feb 21, 2001 5:08 pm

You have left Burke more than 7 months ago. Why haven't you moved on? Why are you so intent on what's going on at the school?

You know you talk against the administration but they backed you when most of us parents started to complain about you. You blew it. It became much more pleasant for us after you left. Sorry it didn't work out for you at Burke but too many parents and teachers complained about you. Your daughter is beautiful. Focus on her and her future.

Let it go AB. Let it go.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by moretpani:
The answer to your question

YES
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Papi

TUITION

Postby moretpani on Thu Feb 22, 2001 11:02 am

This is my last post in BURKE FORUM as I am clearly causing trouble for
some innocent people..
I have no clue who “ABâ€￾ with a beautiful daughter is, but I do not want
him or her get into any kind of trouble because of me.

Having said that,
I want to caution ALL members posting messages under multiple assumed names for whatever reason..
There is a thing called IP address (Internet Protocol Address).. This leaves the signature of the
message originating PC, hence you can at the least, trace it down to
which machine was used to post multiple messages under different names
(FOR WHATEVER THE REASON).. I am sure, Webmaster can confirm this.

I am not even sure, why I am typing this in here, since I AM SURE, no, one
on this forum would do this, RIGHT ?..

Have a NICE day
Bye….
moretpani

TUITION

Postby bferrari on Tue Apr 10, 2001 10:27 am

You need FBI privaledges to get access to who is "bound" to the IP address. It's easy to figure out who the service provider is, "Mediaone", AT&T, EarthLink, etc. But you have to be in law enforcement to get personal info as to "who" the person or account is owned by.

Also, no one has any access to the IP addresses anyways.
bferrari
Site Admin

TUITION

Postby Melissa on Wed May 30, 2001 9:49 pm

Now, let's look at the facilities at burke, and the facilities at Pike & Groton. Pike & Groton don't charge much more than Burke was charging for next year. I know why I chose to stay at burke rather than move to Pike or Groton... because I had an emotional investment here. But as a new parent, why would I choose Burke over Pike or Groton for the same money? When Burke was much cheaper than the others, it made much more sense. But of course, Pike or Groton wouldn't have cancelled their middle school program at the last minute leaving students without schools for next year. So much for my emotional investment.
Melissa

TUITION

Postby ELLE on Thu May 31, 2001 7:43 am

I don't know where everyone is getting these prices from. Knowledge Beginnings is $6000 not $8000. And the Pike school is over $11,000 ($15,000 with after care). A $7000 price tag is not outrageous.
ELLE

Return to Burke School