town center signs

Post School Committee-related news and issues here.

Re: town center signs

Postby Clorox on Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:58 am

thank you jciampa
Clorox

Postby JCosgrove on Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:18 pm

Because this vote was about protection of pensions and their own jobs, has nothing at all to do with anything else except themselves. The teachers' union need to go.
JCosgrove

Postby jtciampa on Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 am

Let's review the situation:

#1 - Public Schools are a government mandate.
#2 - Workers have the right to organize.
#3 - Not all public school education is as good as it should be or as we would like it to be.
#4 - Public schools provide an education to every student regardless of race, religion, gender, ability, need, etc.
#5 - Funding is always an issue when it comes to education.
#6 - Charter schools, private schools, vocational schools have an admissions process which allows them to select their student body.

I am 100% in favor of having options to choose from when it comes to education but I am also 100% against draining the coffers from the public school system to fund alternative choices. Charter schools, tech schools, etc. are allowed to hand pick their student body and then stick the taxpayers with the bill. The town has ZERO say in the cost of tuition, the programs offered, the selection of students, or how the money is spent.

Why aren't the charter schools held accountable to keeping their budget within the State reimbursement? They don't have unions so why can't they keep their costs down?
jtciampa

Postby Clorox on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:54 pm

the charter school in tyngsborough is a lottery system and serves 7 towns they cant cherry pick i dont think
different from an exam school which some charters are
Clorox

Previous

Return to School Committee