Save Tewksbury Hospital Pines Cemetery

Virtual Cafe room for general discussions of anything at all. Including science, astronomy, military, wild places to visit, cooking, foods, automotive, stories found on the Internet ... you know, "coffee talk".

Save Tewksbury Hospital Pines Cemetery

Postby bferrari on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:49 pm

Looked like a good showing for the Save Tewksbury Hospital Pines Cemetery. Chuck's Tree service truck was there and about 15 volunteers... Great Work!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/342565562742377/
bferrari
Site Admin

Re: Save Tewksbury Hospital Pines Cemetery

Postby swamper on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:04 pm

I was down there today to make a donation and help out a bit.....MAJOR KUDOS to ALL the VOLUNTEERS who stayed throughout the day (they worked their butts off!) and especially to the young man Tom Marshall whose idea came to fruition in a BIG way thanks to his organizing this effort! It is truly amazing what good things can be accomplished when selfless people with a worthy goal work together. What was once an overgrown woodland that was barely PASSABLE is now a beautiful open space with grave markers refurbished (as much as was possible but at least now 'unearthed') and spray painted with a fresh coat of silver. A small price to pay to remember those thousands of 'lost souls' with due respect. WELL DONE and THANK YOU! 8)
swamper

Postby Friendofthetown on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:48 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/342565562742377/

The clean up which was originally scheduled for this Saturday has been postponed due to weather to next Saturday, April 8, 2017. Please share with anyone who might have been planning to come. All are welcomed.
Friendofthetown

Postby swamper on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:28 pm

Thanks for posting Friend of the Town....was about to do so myself. With all the rain we've had and are GOING to have I think this is a good call. Conditions need to dry out in there to make it conducive to working. Hope everyone can make it a reality on the new date of April 8th and PLEASE let there be a 'pattern change' in the weather! :)
swamper

Postby Friendofthetown on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Reminder this clean up is Saturday April 8. All volunteer effort
Tom Marshall and Joanne Trudelle are working to clean up the area. They have a facebook page Save The Pines Cemetery
and also a Go Fund Me site for donations if you can't go but wish to help defray the cost of supplies.
Many local donations of food and tools have been made.
Friendofthetown

Return to General Interests Cafe Room