Tewksbury Fourth of July - Monday 7/4/11

The Friends of the Tewksbury Patriotic Activities Committee was formed in 2006 to promote and organize community funding and participation for patriotic events such as the Memorial Day parade, Veterans Day service, and Independence Day celebrations.

Tewksbury Fourth of July - Monday 7/4/11

Postby Mrs C on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:25 am

Friends of the Tewksbury Patriotic Activities Committee 4th of July Celebration!!

Please join the Friends of the Tewksbury Patriotic Activities Committee for the Annual 4th of July Celebration happening Monday, July 4, 2011 at the Livingston Street Recreation Area. We've got some great things planned! Applebee's will once again be providing free food in the evening. We have great prizes for the contests this year, and even a few surprises!! Hopefully you will be able to come out and join us!

The schedule of events is as follows:

8:30 – 10:00 AM:
Continental Breakfast provided by the Friends of the Tewksbury Patriotic Activities Committee. Breakfast will be held at the Livingston Park behind the Youth Center.

10:00 – 12:00 PM
Track and Field Games (all ages)

12:00 – 12:30 PM
Free hot dogs (while they last) and ice cream. Served by the Tewksbury/Wilmington Lodge of Elks. Soda provided by the Knights of Columbus.

12:30 – 12:45 PM
Decorated Doll Carriage Contest (ages 3-6)

12:45 – 1:00 PM
Bicycle Decoration Contest (ages 4-8)

1:00 – 1:15 PM
Little Mr. & Miss Tewksbury Contest (ages 2-4) ~ Tewksbury residents only.

1:00 – 1:30 PM
Basketball Free Throw Contest

1:30 – 2:15 PM
Pie & Watermelon Eating Contests

7:00 – 9:30 PM
Live entertainment featuring “The Beachbreakers”

9:30 PM
Fireworks!!!

There will also be FREE Face Painting (sponsored by Family Treasure Chest Resale) from 6:00 - 9:00 PM; and Tewksbury Applebee's will once again be providing FREE appetizers during concert!!!

We hope to see everyone there!
Mrs C

Re: Tewksbury Fourth of July - Monday 7/4/11

Postby melli_fera on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:42 pm

excited for fireworks! Were the fireworks last year on the 3rd? I can't remember why I didn't see fireworks last year. I was at the Boston Pops rehearsal on the 3rd, so that's why I think they were on the 3rd last year.
Melissa
melli_fera

Postby Mrs C on Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:32 pm

melli_fera wrote:excited for fireworks! Were the fireworks last year on the 3rd? I can't remember why I didn't see fireworks last year. I was at the Boston Pops rehearsal on the 3rd, so that's why I think they were on the 3rd last year.

You are correct. Because the 4th fell on Sunday, and most of our activities happen from 8 - 2pm, we didn't want to cause conflicts for people. Definitely happy to be having it on the actual 4th this year.
Mrs C

Postby splice on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:49 pm

Any info on the band, The Beachbreakers? I couldn't find anything on Google. What kind of music do they play? Do they have a playlist?
splice

Postby Mrs C on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:07 pm

splice wrote:Any info on the band, The Beachbreakers? I couldn't find anything on Google. What kind of music do they play? Do they have a playlist?

Here's the description from their facebook page: Fun, live entertainment for your party or event! Playing classic hits from bands like The Beach Boys, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Jimmy Buffet, and many more. Link is below.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Beach ... 38?sk=wall
Mrs C

Postby swamper on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Was hoping for an encore performance by the Siracusa Project....they were awesome last year and at the parade! :D
swamper

Postby Mrs C on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:41 pm

swamper wrote:Was hoping for an encore performance by the Siracusa Project....they were awesome last year and at the parade! :D

I agree that they were great last year. And while they won't be playing this year, we have other events throughout the year that require live entertainment, and they are definitely on our "short list" :D
Mrs C

Postby melli_fera on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:56 pm

Mrs. C, are you on the PAC?

Has the committee ever contemplated adding raffles to the Big Bang Bash?

I'm sure they can get companies, restaurants, salons, families, etc. to make up baskets people would want. People can buy as many raffle tickets as they like, and then drop them in the items that they want to win. I was at a private family fundraiser last year and they raised over $9,000 doing this with their event.

It could very likely draw more people to the BBB and bring more money in, in general.

I think the BBB has great potential for drawing in people who aren't normally involved in the business of the town.
Melissa
melli_fera

Postby Mrs C on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:41 pm

melli_fera wrote:Has the committee ever contemplated adding raffles to the Big Bang Bash?

The November fundraiser is the one that is our "raffle" fundraiser. The February Fundraiser (BBB) has 3 cash raffles and a 50/50. The businesses in town who donate are very generous, and we don't like to keep going back to the same well over and over and over, which is why we only have 1 big "raffle" event.

It sounds like you have good ideas, though, so you should e-mail Jerry and let him know you're interested in learning more/maybe joining. He will send you the information on meetings, and you can come check it out and see if you want to be involved. :D
Mrs C

Postby melli_fera on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:49 am

I didn't even know there was a november fundraiser. :D

Thanks for the info!
Melissa
melli_fera

Postby swamper on Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:40 am

Just an FYI....the November PAC Fundraiser is the annual one honoring the Veterans as well.
swamper

Postby Mrs C on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm

swamper wrote:Just an FYI....the November PAC Fundraiser is the annual one honoring the Veterans as well.

ABSOLUTELY Swamper! We not only do an color guard for the Vets, we bring all Tewksbury Vets in attendance up on the main floor to salute/honor them. We also get a huge cake thanking them (you can see pix on the PAC's website.) It's wonderful to see.

Thanks for pointing that out!
Mrs C

Return to Friends of the Tewksbury Patriotic Activities Committee